Thursday, September 25, 2008

What a Wednesday!


Yesterday was a very productive, busy, and exhausting day.

To begin with, it has really cooled off here in the panhandle. I think it dropped to 57 last night, and yesterday morning, it was in the high 60's when we got up. I decided to feed Isaac outside in the backyard and let Scrubs run around.

What a frisky dog he has been in the mornings lately! I am assuming it is the cold weather? Normally, Scrubs is a lug when he gets up. The alarm goes off, and he stays in his bed, sauntering out whenever he feels he has the energy. He usually then goes to the bathroom and considers eating before heading back to his chair in the kitchen for another snooze.

But ever since we got back from Ft. Lauderdale, he's been a mad man in the morning. He'll often get up before the alarm clock, race to go outside, and stand and pace while I make his food. I think part of it is that he is still on eastern time, and I am just not sure how to get him to shift back!

Yesterday, after playing in the yard, his friskiness was still at an all-time peak, so we decided to head over to the bay a bit earlier than usual. Deuce was, as always, excited to see Scrubs. In fact, his owner Bobbie told me that he was quite depressed during the three weeks we were gone, just waiting at the window for his buddy to come over and play. They played for over an hour together, just fighting over Scrubs' Frisbee and running and wrestling through the trees. Isaac loves to be outside as well. He sits in his stroller just watching the dogs go crazy. It was such beautiful weather I could have sat outside all day.

After getting back from the bay, I did an hour's work while both Isaac and Scrubs took naps. Then, it was on to our wifia lunch which I was hosting. Everyone was there which doesn't happen often, and JB gave me detailed instructions how to make chicken for chicken fajitas which I think turned out not-half-bad. It was wonderful to get back with all my friends here, and since Joia didn't have Keenan yesterday, she did a lot of Isaac snuggling.

I was planning on taking Isaac over to Brittney's house around 2:30pm so I could go to my "Mom's in Motion" class. Normally, Joia and I take turns babysitting for each other while the other goes to class. It's a great class, geared for pregnant or post-partum ladies with a ton of toning and strength work. One of us goes on Monday and the other goes on Wednesdays. But occasionally, we can work it out that we can both go to the same class. Since Philip was home with Keenan yesterday, I asked Brittney to babysit. Jodi was heading over to Brittney's straight from the wifia lunch, however, and she volunteered to take Isaac over there a bit earlier: 1:00pm. Brittney had no arguments (she loves the babies!) so off her went with Jodi.

I then spent the next two hours in the house by myself (well, with Scrubs, but you get the idea). I realized that this is the first time I have been in my house without Isaac since he has been born. It was very strange! At first, I didn't know what to do with myself, but then quickly made strong work of the baby-free time, doing some organization in Isaac's room (he's moved into 6 month clothes now) and writing of thank-you cards.

Our "Mom's in Motion" class is fantastic. Susie, the trainer, does a great job and there are usually only about 2 or 3 of us so there is plenty of individualized attention. (I'm not sure that is a good thing!) After our work-out class (which was a killer by the way), I headed back home. Once again, I was there without Isaac. Since JB was finishing at 4:30pm yesterday, he volunteered to pick-up Isaac and take him with him grocery shopping. More time with just me and the dog! It's hard to believe married life was like this for so many years. I instantly remembered the quiet house I had complained about. Now, the quiet seemed sweet instead of frustrating. But I did miss my boy!

JB returned home with Isaac, groceries, and the craft, pictured at the start of this blog. Leave it to Brittney to bless us with an awesome gift like our little guy's handprint. I plan to put the date on it and add it to our Christmas tree!

The evening consisted of some fun conversations with our neighbors and then leftovers, followed by some hanging out on the porch while Scrubs ran laps in the yard. Such great weather has to be taken advantage of! JB watched another episode of Heroes which he got on Netflix, and I turned in early -- around 9pm.

Well, I think that was all the details of my day. Quite packed and exhausting but quite productive. Today the only thing on my schedule, besides normal mom and work things, is a trip to Fed Ex. We have the last of our paperwork to return to our lawyer as our hearing has been confirmed for Monday, October 5th!!! Back to Fort Lauderdale we go!

P.S. Big Happy Birthday to Rachel S.! Twenty-seven! Yikes!

3 comments:

AW said...

I instantly remembered the quiet house I had complained about. Now, the quiet seemed sweet instead of frustrating. But I did miss my boy!

I understand this. While I LOVE me some quiet "Mommy Time" or "Date Night", during those time, all I can think about is how I feel like my right arm is missing when JK's not with me. The house is strange without his little pattering feet, noisy screeches, or giggles. But it sure makes for some awesome reunion time, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

i thought how did Wendi find out they are having a GIRL -with that pink ribbon??! .. -i scanned your whole blog to find the story -at the end, that it is Isaac's hand and has another meaning.Tante Jan

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

I love handprints.
We have many on the tree. But I have one of my boy that I keep out ALL the time.
Just a thought!
There hands grow soooo fast...as you know! :)

Brittney is so cool. She amazes me!