Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Look at our Scrubby!

Yesterday at MOPS, one of the Moms told me she remembered meeting me at our Vet when we first came in with Scrubs ... she remembered his little heart nose (which is now a very big heart nose).

I started looking back through old pictures of Scrubs and found quite a few of him during the first few weeks he spent in our family. Since coming back from Fort Lauderdale, my dog has been so good and well-behaved. He's becoming just a normal member of the family instead of a franticly crazy and exhausting member of the family. (I think the fact that he is training for JB's half marathon with him is helping his energy level.) Even though he drives me crazy sometimes, I am so blessed that God decided to make this dog just to keep me company during our first year of life here on base -- when my heart was so weary from years of infertility.

So, without further ado, here are some Scrubs pictures!


Our first picture of Scrubs! That's him with his Dad! He kind of looks like him now don't you think?
First week at home -- weighing 15 pounds!


Scrubs in his usual position sleeping in his kennel.


This was before we knew of Isaac's impending arrival so getting on the furniture was acceptable. Not anymore. I wonder if Scrubs remembers when we used t let him hang out with JB on the sofa?


This was the very first day we brought him home. He needed a bath after taking such a long kennel ride from Delaware.


My first weekend with my new puppy.


JB hanging with his pup after a 100+ hour work week!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's grown into a very handsome young male.

Anonymous said...

awwwww my Scrubby!!!

Anonymous said...

Adorable pics of Scrubby! Hey, I am wondering what breeder you got him from in Delaware?

Thelsmom from P&O

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

You know, I have no idea. My husband got him from a family that raised two Dals with their family and their kids. I'm not sure the quality of the breeder themselves (I've learned a lot more about this since getting Scrubs.)

Wendi

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

You know, I have no idea. My husband got him from a family that raised two Dals with their family and their kids. I'm not sure the quality of the breeder themselves (I've learned a lot more about this since getting Scrubs.)

Wendi

Anonymous said...

Well you got a great Dal in Scrubs no matter who the breeder was. My oldest Dal, Thelma Lou I found abandoned on the streets at 5 weeks old and she is the bestest girl in the world.

Thelsmom