Thursday, September 11, 2008

Florida drivers stink!!!

Is there really anything else to say? Seriously, driving around here is beyond dangerous! You are completely on the defensive at all times. I can barely stand to get on I-95 without my blood pressure going up about three notches. Have people ever heard of working together to accomplish a task?! Everyone is out for themselves.

Okay, I could go on and on about that, but I will just leave it at that. My blood pressure is going up just writing about it.

In other news, I continue to work 4-5 hours a day for RLSF, take Scrubs (and sometimes Isaac) to the dog park once a day, go on a walk with Scrubs (and sometimes Isaac) once a day, and visit with family and friends. Yesterday, Isaac and I went and visited my mom and her co-workers at work. Then last night we went over to Mom and Dad Kit's house for a delicious dinner. Today, my sister-in-law AD took a half day so she and I could hang out together. We had Chinese food at the mall and just walked around browsing. Isaac seemed to enjoy his first trip to the mall -- especially looking at all the things hanging from the ceiling.

One thing that is difficult here is that the window for going outside is so small. It is really only reasonable temperature-wise to go outside before 8am or after 6pm. So if I am going to plan something, I have to plan it for these times of day. I am looking forward to returning to base where the temperature will be cooling off soon, if it hasn't already.

Okay, off to make some grilled cheese for AD and I for dinner. My mom has a meeting, and Keith and my Dad are at a volleyball game.

I also want to make sure we continue to think of the people who are mourning today those they lost seven years ago. It is hard to believe it has been seven years since that day. I watched the News this morning, and they flashed back to video footage they shot on that day. My how our world has changed in seven years.

No comments: