Wednesday, September 03, 2008

First volleyball match!

Tuesday was a very relaxing day. JB and I mostly hung around my parents' house, relaxing and talking. Isaac is definitely feeling considerably better and is back to his old, happy and content self. He just slept, ate, and talked to us throughout the day with no crying in sight. Now that his nose is clearing out, you can tell how much better he feels.

I took Scrubs on a three mile walk and also gave him some time to romp at the dogpark. Around 3pm, we put Scrubs in his kennel at my parents and went up to our old school. For those of you who don't know, JB and I both graduated from Fort Lauderdale Christian School. I attended that school for all thirteen years. JB was there from fourth grade on. My Dad still works there, and now my brother is the athletic director there. JB's sisters Elizabeth is also an English teacher there now, and Grace is in Kindergarten. So we still have a lot of connections to good ol' FLCS.

We picked up Gracie from school and got to see a few of the faculty that are still there from when we left. (There aren't many.) We then headed to the gymnasium to see all the new improvements that have been done! Keith has done a fantastic job heading up a much improved gymnasium. The floor looks great, and I am still jealous of the fact that there is now air conditioning after playing my whole life in that sauna. (And you wonder why I like exercising in the heat to this day!) We also got to watch my Dad's team play (and lose) their first match of the season.

Isaac seemed to really enjoy the match -- until he got too tired to watch anymore. He sat and just watched the girls warm-up for nearly an hour. But then, after my mom fed him, he fell asleep on his aunt Elizabeth's lap, while in mid-chew of one of his favorite toys. Here are a few pictures from during the match:



After the match, we went over and hung out with JB's parents for a few hours. Mom made some turkey burgers, JB and his Dad watched a few episodes of a Eureka marathon, and I did some work on their computer as they have a program that I need and my parents don't have.

I had a much better day yesterday, indigestion-wise. For the last three or four days, I have gotten nearly unbearable heartburn, indigestion, and cramps, each day around dinner time. The discomfort has left me in tears each evening as I try to go to sleep. In the morning, I wake up feeling considerably better, but then just stand by helpless as I start feeling worse and worse as the day wears on. John says it is not a wives tale that the more heartburn you have, the more hair your baby has. This child must be growing a mane in there!

Two days ago, JB started me on some over-the-counter Prilosec, which is safe in pregnancy, and I also started really watching how big my portions were. I've been eating small things throughout the day instead of sitting down and having any meals. I eat every hour or so but just one small thing, and for the most part, just avoid a real dinner altogether. Yesterday, was much better, so I am going to stick to this practice for a bit and see if I can avoid getting so sick again! Your advice and prayers have been much appreciated!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to say that heartburn and the old wives tale meant a hairy baby but thought you might think that was stupid but it is fairly true. I had mild heartburn and Bri had a fuzzy little body like a monkey but not much hair on the top of her head. You should avoid carbonated drinks, caffeine, chocolate, acidic foods like citrus fruits and juices, tomatoes, mustard, and vinegar; processed meats; mint products; and spicy, highly seasoned, fried, or fatty foods. Now with that list what is left? LOL Also try chewing gum after eating. It stimulates saliva and can help neutralize acid. Izzy has horrible acid reflux and battles with this every day, you can tell by her face that it is painful.

You're in my thoughts and prayers as you go thru this wonderful experience of pregnancy. Cherish each moment, I look back and even the 24/7 sickness that I had for 8 1/2 months was worth it. My only food was watermelon and mangos that would stay down. yummo~ :)

Quite a line up of storms out there, I'm watching and waiting to see where they all decide to go. Stay safe and enjoy that wonderful time of yours with the extended family.

Tara said...

Ugh, I'm sorry about the heartburn. I haven't had it a whole lot, but do have it when I eat peanut butter, salt (like on pretzels), tomatoes, or anything spicy. I sometimes have to go without a real dinner, or just have cereal, because of it. (The other night I couldn't go to bed until after midnight because I had heartburn and a bloody nose on top of it!). It sounds like yours is just so uncomfortable..I hope you find a remedy soon that works.

Isaac is getting so big!!

Judy Woodford said...

Wendi, I know a lot of people will scoff at this but try not eating acids and starches at the same time, like meat and potatoes, eat the meat and the veggie (not starchie veggies like corn, dried beans, or such) or eat the potato and the veggie and leave the meat and try eating your fruits alone on an empty stomach, not after other foods and see how much better your stomach will do, no lie it has made a huge difference for hundreds of people, it's worth a try, right??? Have a look at this website www.GreatTasteNoPain.com, VERY interesting...
Eating the acids and starches (alkaline foods) together causes the acids to neutralize and then the stomach has to try and produce way more acid, thus the heartburn, pain, etc, etc. You will be surprised. I am...