Monday, September 29, 2008

Lots of Kiddos

Today was a day filled with kiddos in the Kit. house.

In the morning, Jocelyn came over to spend some time with us. Brittney is volunteering at her older daughter Madison's school one day a week. We have formed a good partnership. I watch Jocelyn on Monday mornings, and she takes Isaac another time for me. I don't have a firm "need" so we've left it flexible. This can include an evening or weekend as well for some "couple" time so I think it's a great deal! Tomorrow, for instance, I have my ultrasound appointment and some errands to run, so I'll use my swap day then. Perfect!

Scrubs was fantastic with Jocelyn. She loves to boss him around, hug him, lay on him, everything you can imagine, and Scrubs really takes it in stride. At one point she laid her whole body on him and he rolled onto his back and just let her hug him! Wow! My doggie is really growing up. (Jocelyn loves Isaac equally. He gets his own share of hugs and kisses as well.)

I even had the opportunity to try out my double stroller. I took both kids and Scrubs for a walk followed by a play date at the bay with Deuce. It really went well and gives me great encouragement that I can handle this two kid thing. The only difference is that Jocelyn can walk. She followed me out to the stroller while I carried Isaac. I strapped them both in, and then opened the door to leash Scrubs who was waiting (not so) patiently inside. I'll have to figure out a new strategy to get both kids in the stroller and then go back in for the dog when neither of them can stand up yet! But . . . the stroller i spretty easy to push and both kids seemed to enjoy the ride.

Here are a few pics of Jocelyn and her buddy Scrubby.

Giving him one of her "every ten minute" hugs. Scrubs allows these for about 15 seconds and then starts getting a little anxious to have some space.


Playing with the dump truck together. I am most impressed that Scrubs has learned what toys are his and what toys are not. There can be toys everywhere and he leaves them alone and only plays with his! Hallelujiah!

Jocelyn headed home just after lunch. I had put Isaac down for a nap around 11am so I decided to try and get some rest. I figured I wouldn't get much time but I got over an hour. I woke up at 1:30pm to find my little boy still asleep. He stayed that way until about 2:15pm! Usually he takes a lot of naps during the day but keeps them short. This was a whopper.

Around 2pm. Joia came over with Keenan. It was her turn for exercise class and my turn to watch her sweet little boy. What a sweet spirit Keenan has. Here's a quick photo I managed to get of the two boys.

Isaac telling Keenan: "I want to be like you when I grow up!"

JB came home at a great time. Man I am loving this month on ambulatory! What a great rotation. JB spends his day doing vasectomies, colonoscopies, and colposcopies among other things. (If you don't know what these are, I'll let you look them up so I can spare you from the details on this family-oriented blog.) He enjoys doing procedures which is good and procedures take place between 8-5 which is equally good. It always feels good when my husband is home at a decent hour. It makes me feel like we have a real family life instead of the hectic life that can sometimes accompany doctor's families.

Second year of residency is, I must say, MUCH better than intern year. I am enjoying it immensely in comparison. I know there will still be some bad times, but so far, so good!

Oh, and speaking of my husband, I must brag for a moment. I think he looked great in our family photos. He doesn't spread this around, but he has lost nearly fifteen pounds since returning from Fort Lauderdale. He's training for a half marathon which will be in March and eating great! I am really proud of him. The only thing I am not happy about is that he is choosing to do this at a time when I am rapidly gaining weight. Believe it or not, at one point, early in our marriage, JB and I were separated by nearly 80 pounds. Today, that separation is down to a little over 10 pounds! And if he continues on his current track . . . (and we all know I will be continuing on mine) . . . I am actually going to weigh more than my husband in a few short weeks/months. This is a wee bit bothersome. Why not lose weight when I am not pregnant? What about that? I'm joking of course. I hear most husbands gain weight during their wives pregnancies so I think the fact that he is losing is a great thing. Good job JB!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Wendi,

I think you BOTH look great in the family photos, and Isaac too! :)

Amy T. S. said...

I always weigh more than my DH! I try not to think about it. I can't actually remember my pg weight, actually. How weird.

AW said...

Wendi, you look beautiful! And if you ever need a pick-me-up on that Ugg Feeling you get when you're pregnant, read this:

http://thebigmamablog.com/index.php/2008/08/09/i-needed-more-than-sunscreen-for-adequate-coverage/

You'll suddenly feel rather beautiful. :-)