Saturday, January 05, 2008

Passing the torch (temporarily) to Jodi

So today, JB and I have made great use of an entire day off together ... vacations are so wonderful and yet preparing for the vacation seems to require a vacation in and of itself.

It is 2:45pm and we have, in no particular order, gone to Kmart, the dogpark, and the library. JB has given Scrubs a bath, I did two hours of work for Mayo, and we both worked together to take down the Christmas tree and return our living room to its former glory. Tons of packing and household chores have added to the fun!

As of tomorrow, Wendi will be replaced by her great new friend Jodi (pictured in the photo with her awesome husband Cliff!) I have been so blessed by the wonderful women I have met during my first half of the year on Eglin AFB. I had prayed that the Lord would bring a good circle of friends my way and our way, and He certainly came through for me in that regard. There are seven of us wives who have created a real bond. Not only do we meet once a week for lunch, but we help each other when our husbands are on call or someone needs a babysitter (dogsitter), or a ride to the airport. It has been a great blessing. Jodi and I are the only two of our group without children. This was nice. I'm not sure my emotions could have handled being the only non-mom in the group. And Jodi repeatedly assures me that she'll be a non-mom for awhile to keep me company! :) Actually, I will most likely leave her as the only non-mom in a few months.

I am not sure how often Jodi will be on here to entertain you, but please post some comments and say hello back to her as she keeps watch over 208 and our little Scrubby.

We will leave for New Orleans tomorrow at 6am. It is a four hour drive so we plan to get there and have lunch at a restaurant recommended to us by Christo. I'll make sure to take lots of photos, and when I get back, will update you all on our week at sea. We did get a bit of good news today -- apparently a slight itinerary change at one of our ports means an extra $50 each to spend on the ship! Nice! I can play the nickel slots a few extra times.

Bon voyage folks! See you next Sunday.

5 comments:

Rachel and Hans said...

have fun!!! take lots of pics...i can't wait to hear about it when you guys get back!!

TAV said...

YOU play nickel slots??!?!!

HELLO, JODI!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I had the same question...you play the nickel slots!?!??!!?

You learn something new everyday.

Anonymous said...

Bye Wen! have fun!
Hello jodi.
hey i did this and had fun doing it -gives us something to do while Wen is gone -
The following is an interesting exercise.... You answer a few
> questions then click the "find your candidate button" and the program
> selects the candidate whose position on the issues is most like your
> own. Click the link
> below....
>
> http://www.wqad.com/Global/link.asp?L=259460
>

yuan family said...

Have a great time!