Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Not an early morning!

OK, so I ended the last entry with Scrubs being exhausted from running around my house for several hours yesterday. You're not going to believe what I'm getting ready to say! Instead of waking me up this morning around 6:30, I had to wake him up at 7:30. I was shocked! We were meeting Tiff and Sarah around 8:00 to walk. When I walked over to the chair he sleeps in he just sort of flopped his head over so I could give him a good ear rub. He gradually placed his two front paws on the floor and let his back legs just fall to the floor. I think he was still half asleep! It was so funny! I continued rubbing his ears until he was finally awake enough to go out and use the bathroom. I'd like to think of the morning ear rubs as our bonding session before he gets into his hyper playful mode. I did not take him to my house today, but plan to do so tomorrow so he can run around and play. Instead, we went on 3 walks and played with his toys. Oh, when Scrubs and I are walking, I get asked several times a day if that's Scrubs. Everyone on this base knows who Scrubs is. He loves all the children and the other dogs we pass.

I also hosted the weekly lunch today. Sarah and Tiff were the only ladies that could attend since Wendi and Joia are out of town and the other wives kids were not feeling well. We were planning to meet Wendi's house, but Sarah asked if we could walk over to her house since Della went down for a nap at 11:00. Last minute changes work out great when you live so close. I joked with Wendi last week about Scrubs and I having a huge party while she and John were away. If anything happened I was just going to blame it on scrubs! Just kidding! As you can see, it really wasn't a party, just our weekly lunch gathering. I attempted to make my Mom's chicken and dumplings. Tiff, Sarah, and Cliff said they were good so I'd like to think they were telling the truth.

Have a great day everyone!

1 comment:

yuan family said...

You are a great dog sitter...Wendi will be thrilled that you had to wake him up!