Monday, January 28, 2008

The good things

Sometimes in the course of a regular ol' day, you gotta be excited about the little successes. These include:
  • Figuring out where I need to send my employment forms in Minnesota to get certified for the adoption. I now have (drum roll please) an address. Now I just need to figure out the details of getting them there.
  • Getting nine hours of work in to pad myself for the week ahead.
  • Only needing to yell at Scrubs one time to get down off the couch and quit "frolicking" with the cushions. It isn't quite frolicking, but hopefully, you get the idea.
  • Making dinner! Yes folks, you read that correctly. I made dinner. I even, actually, deviated slightly from the recipe. Imagine!
  • A successful jog with doggie running pretty decently along side me.
  • Tricking Scrubs into getting his gentle leader on so he didn't have a chance to run from me. He never saw it coming!
  • Emptying my suitcase. I haven't actually put away the clothes yet, but the suitcase is empty.
  • Somehow talking JB into going to dog class with me tonight. Scrubs is starting the 3rd level class . . . agility. Should be a good time. I plan to talk to our dog trainer about how to prevent the grabbing-things-I-shouldn't-and-hiding-on-the-other-side-of-the-dining-room-table behavior. Although, JB and I did create a bit of a contraption with the dining room table to prevent him from staying on the opposite side from us. This is so frustrating!
  • Doing my devotions. I have to start my day with this, otherwise, I never do get it to. I never quite got on a routine at my parents, but a fresh week = a fresh start.

So here's to little successes!

Oh, and if you haven't noticed, I have a new contest on my blog where you can guess the stats of the baby. Then, when the baby is born, the computer tells you who won. Coolness. Please put your guesses in!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE reading about Scrubs! His frolicking made me laugh out loud - and I really needed that tonight. I'm in a crummy mood because I'm on night float - and I despise it! Thank goodness this is the last night...
Long live Scrubs! - my very own canine comedian ;-)