Saturday, January 26, 2008

I'm home!

I'm home!!!!!!!

I missed JB so much.

JB missed me so much that I had to bang on the bedroom window to get him to let me back in the house because he was sleeping so soundly. (I didn't have my keys). I paged him (twice), called him, rang the doorbell, and knocked on both doors to no avail. I finally gave up and headed over to the bedroom window. He came out and told me that the pager was right next to him on the bed, waiting for my page in Crestview (I tried!!!) and that he didn't have earplugs in, and yet he still did not hear the pager. He said that finishing nights finally gave him permission to sleep soundly instead of sleeping "alertly". Poor guy!

Anyways, I made it home in nine hours again. Scrubs did excellent if you subtract the first fifteen minutes of the trip (when he decided to barf.) I think his stomach was empty and the car motion just took over. He probably slept for seven of the nine hours making for only two hours when I had to try to entertain him by chucking food and plastic bottles over the seat. I'd let him chew on a plastic bottle until he punctured it, and then give him another one.

Now that I am home, I can also post some of the photos (and one video) I took on the trip. I really didn't take very many and most of them had to do with Scrubs! I guess I like my dog. Actually, I just wasn't diligent in camera-taking.

I had a wonderful two weeks at home. It was really great. My parents are good sports. They put up with me and my dog (who stole my dad's glasses and ran through the screen on the porch.) They are cool parents!

Also, before I go, I wanted to tell you all that Joia has decided to be the keeper of "name guesses" of the new baby. So guess away everyone. If you are interested in guessing, let me know with a comment, and I'll send you Joia's email (I don't want to post it on the blog) and you can guess. She has two guessers already so join in on the fun!

Here are the snapshots from my trip.

Grace attempting to get Scrubs to smile but getting slobbered on instead.


Success!


My mom attempting to get Scrubs to smile and getting mouthed instead (this is inappropriate behavior, but my mom is a big softy!) Scrubs thinks my Mom is his personal play companion because she will play with him until he drops! He gave up bringing me toys and just brings them to my mom. Her arms are covered in bruises because she plays so hard! My Mom hates this photo but I think it is hilarious. And no, Scrubs isn't really hurting her -- she's being overly dramatic. :)

A more successful photo


We love to tie this Scrubs around Scrubs' mouth and legs so he has to try to work it off. It kills three minutes so it is well worth it.


Tara -- recognize that rope. It's moving onto its last leg.


Grace and Nate chillin' with the pup

Check out this video of Grace getting Scrubs ready for a party. You need your volume up to catch some of Grace. Too funny. I have one more video that I'll load later.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! WELCOME HOME WENDI!!!!! (Can you tell I'm excited with all the caps?) =0)

Anonymous said...

Thanx a bunch Wendi!
I beg to differ on that one photo. Scrubs had his bone jammed in to my thigh! I have the bruise to prove it!
I miss you! mom

Anonymous said...

Your Mama is hilarious! And a great writer,too, don't you think?!? I'm so glad she was a guest blogger for a day...now we need to hear from your Dad. Your blog is refreshing to me - somedays I get a good laugh, somedays I get a good cry - thanks for sharing it all! You are in my prayers as you prepare (physically and emotionally) for the birth of your son. Blessings! Jenna