Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Poor hubby & official notice

Poor JB. He is so wiped out. He says that he usually has no idea what time it is, cannot always sleep when he tries to at 10am, and does not usually get any sleep at night. He sounds so tired when I speak with him, which isn't often. Unfortunately, when he has downtime, I am usually heavy into my own night of sleep. By the time I get up, he is exhausted, and wearing down. I really miss him but do think that getting out of town for these two weeks was for the best. I
am, however, ready to see him again, and get back to our house in Eglin.

I have heard that it was a good two weeks for me to come. Apparently the temperatures on base were abnormally cold during the last few weeks. Here in Fort Lauderdale, it sticks in the good ol' seventies. Nice and warm. Today, the air is on. I won't even comment on what the temperature in Rochester has been. Okay, I will. It's been in the very negative degrees. Even veteran Minnesotan Rachel emailed me telling me she was freezing. Not good. Not good at all. I do not belong there. That's for sure.

In other news . . .

It's official. I have decided to resign from my position at Mayo Clinic. This was a very difficult decision eased only by the fact that I have worked away from the office for the last seven months so I have a bit of a transition of leaving my co-workers.

I have always wanted to be a stay-at-home mom. Our plan was that when we got pregnant (back in 2003 -- ha!) I would quit work and stay-at-home. Instead, life played things out a bit differently. I have rationalized the money we have spent on infertility treatments by telling myself that had we got pregnant right away, I wouldn't have worked at all. In the end, we came out on the up side if you count the fact that I have worked five years longer than we planned on me working.

I will still do some work with RLSF and other free-lance organizations to help pay for our China adoption, but the fact that work for them is much less time-sensitive means I can do the work when the baby allows. Mayo's work is much more time-sensitive and not as flexible due to the deadline-driven nature of the work. I also think Dr. K needs to have someone in office -- something I obviously cannot do. I also have to do twenty hours a week to keep my benefits. I do not have to do a required number of hours I have to work for RLSF.

I have so enjoyed the last four and a half years that I have worked for Dr. K. and the Cardiovascular Department at Mayo. I was so blessed to have a job I could walk three blocks to each morning through the underground subway from my condo to the Guggenheim building. I wish I could do everything in life I wanted to and not feel overwhelmed or tired, but that isn't possible, so things have to give. Resigning from this job was my first step toward acknowledging that, in fact, we plan to be parents in May.

May baby here we come.

P.S. Oh and Funky Monkey, you keep saying you know the baby's name. How will we know you were right? I think you should have to email someone else so we can have proof of you being right or not. Something tells me you may be right. You seem to have a sixth sense about these things. :) And yes, everyone ... the name will not be revealed until the little ones makes his debut. (Bri does know and she approves!)

P.S.S. Don't let little Tara in Cali trick you all into thinking she needs to know the name. She just doesn't want to wait. Ha ha ha ha ha. I hold the power. How nice! :) I know what you are thinking Tara: "Is this helping or hurting?" he he he he he! (that's me laughing!)

12 comments:

Rachel and Hans said...

happy 15 weeks left! yeah!!!

Anonymous said...

Funky Monkey - you can email me with the name! I won't tell! joiaw@hotmail.com - Wendi, do you approve?

Anonymous said...

I approve!! Funky, I think Joia should be the guarder of the secret!!

TAV said...

i only visit people whose babies' names i am entitled to know. hrmph.

Anonymous said...

Tara, so you aren't coming?!? :( You hate surprises don't you!

Rachel and Hans said...

Tara - trust me, a few days at the park by the bay and you'll forgive Wendi. Well, maybe not totally forgive...:-)

Ahh...the park by the bay! I wish I was there right now. I'm FREEZING!!

Gabbs said...

I think that Joia and Funky need to tell me what the guess is as well, just in case Joia, for some reason, is unable to confirm the guess was correct. You can never have too many witnesses you know. =)

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute.............You mean to tell me Joia may have an idea of what one of the babies names is? This means there are 6 other wives here on the Emerald Coast that should know what Funky Monkey thinks. If one knows, then we all know!

Just kidding! I think Joia is a good candidate to keep Funky's secret.

Jodi

Anonymous said...

LOL! This is hilarious... since Funky hasn't even spoken yet...

AW said...

Wendi, do you seriously want me to tell Joia? I'll email her what I think it is if you want...I think I get to win a free stay at the Kit B&B if I'm right. :-D Just kidding!

AW said...

Wendi, do you seriously want me to tell Joia? I'll email her what I think it is if you want...I think I get to win a free stay at the Kit B&B if I'm right. :-D Just kidding!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Okay first of all, no Joia does NOT know. She would simply be the keeper of Funky's guess, you see? Then when the baby's name comes out, Joia can see "Funky was wrong" (or right).

Yes yes! I vote Funky tells Joia pronto!!! :)

And ok, the winner gets a free night stay. Cool beans!