Monday, January 21, 2008

In honor of Martin Luther King

I am feeling better today and wanted to post a few MLK quotes in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day yesterday which I was too ill to pay attention to yesterday.

  • Almost always, the creative dedicated minority has made the world better.
  • Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
  • Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
  • History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people.
  • I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.
  • I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
  • I just want to do God's will. And he's allowed me to go to the mountain. And I've looked over, and I've seen the promised land! I may not get there with you, but I want you to know tonight that we as a people will get to the promised land.
  • I submit to you that if a man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live.
  • In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
  • It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can keep him from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important.
  • The first question which the priest and the Levite asked was: "If I stop to help this man, what will happen to me?" But... the good Samaritan reversed the question: "If I do not stop to help this man, what will happen to him?"
  • The time is always right to do what is right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for these Wen!!