Thursday, January 31, 2008

Busted toe

I dropped a plank of wood on my foot last night. It hit three of my toes, but primarily my middle toe. I am having difficulty walking. I'm hoping the pain is because I am going to lose my nail not that I fractured or broke my toe.

I was organizing my scrapbooking stuff. I removed some papers from one side of the plank making it lopsided. It tipped over and landed right on my foot. Afterwards, JB started lecturing me about the concept of physics and gravity. Did I understand that if I made something lopsided, it would tip? This was a tad bit of annoying. Obviously, if I would have known it was going to flip, I wouldn't have removed the papers from one side. Isn't that why they call it an accident? And, you know how it is when someone starts lecturing you when you are lying on the ground, squirming in pain, trying to only say good words, your dog and husband peering into the closet staring at you while you try to figure out how to get your toe to stop hurting so bad. You aren't exactly accepting of "advice."

The truth is ... I know this wouldn't have happened to JB. I wish I could look inside his head. I bet there are like, line drawings with the laws of physics and gravity going into effect with every step and decision he makes! It is true that for every one time he goes down squealing in pain, I probably go down ten. Too bad I didn't pay better attention in Mr. Cox's geometry class!

The reason for my work around the house ... well, I'm trying to get this nursery somewhat in order. I'll have to take some pictures sometime today to let you see the progress or lack-thereof.

2 comments:

AW said...

Eeks! Toe injuries are the worst too. It takes like a full 20 seconds for the pain to hit you, you can even feel it coming in slow motion, but once it does hit...oy! I'm so sorry. :-(

(And I wish I could think like JB too.)

Joia said...

I'm so sorry about your toe accident!

That Definitely Would have happened to Me, and, like John, probably never would have happened to Philip. I loved what you said about the line drawings in his brain, I can totally picture Philip's mind working like that too! =)

Yay for pictures of the nursery! I've been wondering how it's coming!