Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Good news abounds

Good news abounds this morning despite the fact that our little pup woke us up at 4:30. To his deffense, he had to go to the bathroom very badly.

The first bit of good news, it's my Tante Jan's birthday. I think she is 29, but I am not sure. Is this right Jan?

We also found out that JB has a four day weekend in mid-February. Monday is President's Day so the base has taken Friday as a "family day." There have been other family days, but the residents only get the day if they are on an outpatient rotation whcih JB, by luck of the draw, usually was not. This time he is! So, we can go to Jacksonville that weekend without him having to take a vacation day. Fingerprints here we come.

I also found out how to send my employment letters to Minnesota to be certified. Rachel is going to handwalk them into the building for me so that they can get certified immediately instead of me having to wait weeks and worry that they'll be misplaced. How awesome is that?! Now if I can find someone to help in the capitals of Florida (my place of birth), Kentucky (our place of marriage), and North Carolina (JB's place of birth), things will be even better.

In addition, our great friend Nicole, one of JB's classmates at Mayo will be in Jacksonville that weekend so we'll get to see her. Her fiancee, Bay, is working at Mayo Clinic Jacksonville right now so she'll be in that weekend visiting. How cool is that?

We actually have a packed February. Our great friend Tara is coming to visit next week. She'll be in from Tuesday until Sunday. The following weekend we'll go to Jacksonville. The next weekend, I got word that Josh and Sarah and their two boys are going to come and visit. How cool is that?! And then two weekends after that we are going to North Carolina with Matt and Tiffany. JB and Matt are going to take their Boards (a test for doctors). There isn't a testing site in this area so we all decided to make a long weekend of it and head to North Carolina. This should be fun as well. Quite a busy February.

The only bad news in my life right now was the news that JB is on call this Sunday ... Superbowl Sunday. I was a bit bummed about that. However, I am hoping that I can go up to the hospital and watch the game in a room there and hang out with JB inbetween work. If he is way too busy, Sarah is having everyone over for a party so maybe I'll walk the three houses to hang out at her house.

With this busy schedule, I better keep up on work. Gotta go!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where in North Carolina? Any chance I could drive up and say hello for a couple of minutes?

Rachel and Hans said...

14 weeks, wendi! :-)

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling February will always be a packed month for you -plan on it! I think ill be there one of these February's -brrrrrr is it cold her in Chicago -hmmm 29 -well Oom Ed thought i deserved a sweet 16 birthday card --so fun to read of all God's blessings you are experiencing! i love you
Tante Jan

Anonymous said...

have you seen the snow in Chicago on the news!?!? It's BEAUTIFUL!
love Tante Jan