Friday, January 13, 2012

Speaking Opportunities

My friend from childhood, Jenny, asked me when we first moved to Turkey, if I would consider coming to Germany to speak to her MOPs (Mothers of Preschoolers) group. I thought it was a good idea, but really put it out of my mind. She brought it up again. I thought about it again. But let it go again.

But God wouldn't let me go with it. He kept bringing it back to me. I came up with a lot of reasons why going to Germany to speak was less than ideal, but I finally emailed Jenny and told her I'd like to look into coming. No big surprise that the day before I emailed her, the Lord had reminded Jenny of her request and she had decided to email me again to see if I might reconsider.

So I did. And I'm going. Later this month I'm going to fly to Germany for just one night to speak to two MOPs groups combined into one location. The Lord has provided childcare for all three kids despite the fact that after I agreed to go we found out JB has to go to Utah for a conference before I get back.

The last time I shared my testimony was back before we left Eglin at our MOPs group there. I used to teach and talk in front of people everyday with teaching. But it's nerve-wracking to think about "going there" again. However, following God's leading, I put a link on my blog: Bio & Speaking which you can see at the top of the page. Then I reached out to some MOPs groups in South Florida as I will be there in February. Right now I am speaking at at least four events.

The topics are varied but will all incorporate my testimony and military life. I'll be speaking on "Waiting Women: How to Support Those We Love." I'll be speaking on military friendships during difficult times. I'll be speaking on what to do when life doesn't go as planned. I'll keep you posted on these events.

If you could (A) Keep me in your prayers and (B) Pass along my speaking page to other interested groups, I'd greatly appreciate it. We'll see where the Lord takes this. I am open to his leading but do now that infertility, adoption, and hurting women is something that is on my heart permanently.

No comments: