Friday, November 20, 2009

Daily Tally

I thought that today I would do something different. Today, I would keep an updated tally of my accomplishments on the blog. So, check back often for the latest numbers. Polls close at 8:00pm. We'll see what my numbers are by then.

Total books read: 34

Diggers and Dumpers:* 15

Baths given: 3

Total diapers changed: 22 (8 dirty)

Meals and snacks:** 21 (I think)

Toe and fingernails clipped: 60

Bottles and cups washed: 8 (lost count)

Glasses of water for Wendi: 5

Booster/Highchair trays washed: 8

Vacuuming: 3 rooms

Loads of laundry: 3

Boys to the doctor: Times two!

Brushed Teeth: 3 mouths

Funny/sweet things Keenan said today (that I can remember):

  • While I was clipping his nails he told me that I was hurting him. "This doesn't hurt," I told him. "No," he said, "The prickly things on your legs are hurting me." Yes, it's true, I haven't shaved my legs in, well, a long time.
  • I asked Keenan if he wanted some grapes, which we had run out of yesterday. "You have grapes?" he asked, obviously remembering yesterday when I told him we were all out. "I do!" I said. "I bought them at the grocery store just because you love them so much." His jaw dropped open and he said, "You mean you went and got them at the Commissary just for me?" What two year old knows how to say Commissary? :)
  • When Keenan got out of bed this morning he came up to me and lifted his hands to be picked up and said, "My Mommy and I were just at the pumpkin patch. We just got back." He had had a dream about his Mommy. How sweet is that?
  • Keenan asked me, while petting Scrubs on his bed, "What is Scrubs' full name?"
  • While putting on a video for Keenan, he told me I was in his way. "I know," I said, but I have to stand here to get the video started." Keenan shook his head. "No you don't. Don't you know where the 'mote' (remote) is?" Ohhhh, I guess if I used the remote I wouldn't need to stand in front of him to press play.
  • Isaac and Elijah had doctor's appointments today, and I was taking Keenan to Andrea's house for her to babysit him during the appointment. As I was trying to get all three boys out of the house and into the van, Scrubs decided he would not listen and run out of the house. He didn't go far and I yelled at him and he went right back in. As we were walking down the van Keenan said, "You should talk nicer to Scrubs." Sigh . . . this is actually something I have thought about as my boys start understanding more. But it is hard! Another mom at MOPs told me she was working on this. Keenan showed me that I need to work harder. How I talk to the dog is not in love sometimes. Keenan is Scrubs' biggest advocate!

*Isaac's current favorite book, which is one Keenan brought from home.

**Includes myself and Scrubs too.

Well it is nearing bedtime. JB is in the living room with all the boys. Today went well. I even managed a few pictures:

I gave the boys some breakfast to eat while we watched a bit of a movie this morning. I handed the bowl to Keenan and asked him to be in charge so it wouldn't spill. Not sure what happened, but my plan backfired, as you can see from the picture above.


Our schedule was a bit different today. Because my boys had an afternoon appointment (9 and 18 month), they took morning naps. During that nap, I let Keenan take his playdough out. Scrubs thought it was food, as you can tell from the pic above, and was waiting for it to fall so he could eat it.

What a cutie. Can't believe he is going home tomorrow! It'll be weird without him around.

As I mentioned above, Elijah had his 9 month appointment and Isaac his 18 today. It went great. Elijah now weighs 27 pounds and Isaac weighs 26. Isaac is in the 50-60th percentiles for nearly every category except head size (30th). Elijah is, no surprise here, in the 97-100th percentile for every category, especially head size. They are both very healthy and right on track developmentally. Elijah still needs to work on his pincher grasp, and we need to start giving Isaac utensils more often. Other than that, we are doing great!

So that's that . . . time to start putting some babes to bed. Night folks.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Aw! Keenan had a dream about his mommy! That is too sweet!

I was wondering how old kids were when they started being able to tell you about their dreams.

Anonymous said...

Too funny! He is quite a character-I about lost it with the dream story.How sweet is that!
Just think how neat it's going to be when you have these conversations with Isaac and Elijah:)
mom k

Judy Woodford said...

Do the 50 toes and fingernail include you and Scrubs too?? = ) So what is Scrubs full name??

The Mac's House said...

LOL around here I think Izzy could tell you the dogs full names as that is what they hear when they are in trouble. LOL Keenan cracks me up. I think he is right though about Scrubs, he IS a good dog.

Rachel and Hans said...

great post! check out kaia's stats on our blog. how much i would LOVE a picture of her and elijah! :-)