Saturday, November 21, 2009

Odds and Ends

Just got back from a run with Keenan and Isaac and Scrubs as well as a stop at the park. JB hung out at home, getting his Thanksgiving cooking list together and hanging out with our littlest chub. Man. I know Keenan doesn't weight that much more than Elijah, but even those few pounds made the stroller feel twice as heavy. I couldn't even bring myself to tackle my usual hill.

I had a few reviews to share with you. First, a book:

Bend in the Road by Nicholas Sparks: Loved this book! Not up with his other top books, but definitely a captivating read. In addition it deals with primary infertility. I think anyone struggling with infertility would find it comforting. It does deal with the loss of a loved one as well.

Secondly a few movies to discuss. Since we don't have cable, we've been watching a movie or two a week.

Valkyrie: I really enjoyed this movie. It was a fascinating look into the German military and the untold stories of those who tried to end his regime before the allies did. This was not a violent movie but is definitely for mature audiences. I also do not remember the language being very heavy as well. It is rated PG-13 so that should tell you a lot.

Hancock: I love Will Smith so I enjoyed this movie. I also enjoy Jason Bateman. The movie started well but then got very strange. In addition there was some really inappropriate content and very strong language. Don't waste your time on this one.

1 comment:

Joy Z said...

We loved Valkyrie as well. Very interesting. I found it a nice change from the usual stories that we hear about Nazi Germany and WWII. I didn't see Hancock because Vic saw it first and had the same opinion as you. I too love Will Smith in movies so I was disappointed that it was disappointing.