Thursday, November 05, 2009

Urgent Prayer Request

JB and I went on our third dive today. He and I are fine. However, a woman on our boat (I am not going to use her name here right now) had a panic attack at the end of the dive and what we believe was a heart attack. JB and I were the ones with her when we hit the surface and were with her until we got her on the boat. There were many doctors on the boat. JB really lead the operation -- directing orders and coordinating everything. They were working on her for about 30 minutes, until we were able to get to a dock and an ambulance came. Two of the docs continued CPR as they loaded her into the ambulance and took her to the hospital.

Not only are they concerned about her breathing but about neurological issues from her being unresponsive for so long.

I am asking for prayer for this woman. She has a husband and two young sons back in the states. She urgently needs your prayers.

Needless to say we didn´t do a fourth dive today. My third dive, until that point, was amazingly beautiful. But all of this has sobered that fact.

I will update when I know more.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I'll be praying!!

ErieContrary said...

I also will be praying...

Rabens Family said...

We will be praying too.