Friday, November 27, 2009

Tagged

I was tagged by Brittny to share ten things I was thankful for. I decided this year I would make them things that are not proper nouns. In other words no people (or pets -- sorry Scrubby). This isn't the rule of the tag. It's just a bend in the rule I created to make myself think of the things outside of my normal thanks.


So here we go.
  • Chocolate and peanut butter. My life is better because of these things. It really is. I think God had me specifically in mind when he created these things. I used to limit this food list to chocolate only, but I have recently been made aware of how much peanut butter has impacted my life positively as well. It must share a joint spot.
  • Technology. Microwaves. Internet. My washing machine. These things make my life so much easier. I wonder often how much harder my life would be without these advances. People say technology makes us busier. I'm not sure we would say that if we were walking to our outhouse, scrubbing our clothes, hanging them on the line, washing our dishes by hand, and other such behaviors. And do you know how hot it would be without air conditioning?
  • Infertility. Really. Seriously. Somehow, recently actually, I've become a bit thankful for this "thing" in my past. It has changed me. It has made me so conscious of so much more. The world is full of hurting people. How can we help them? Infertility has also created some lasting friendships as well as some new ones simply by me being able to share this part of myself. Thank you to those of who have shared that part of yourself with me. It puts meaning on that pain in my past.
  • Writing. I'm not sure how I would express myself if it weren't for words that I could type. I've been doing it since I was, nine I think, on an old manual typewriter on a desk in the family room of our mobile home. And then on the computer in my Dad's office with a black screen and big green letters.
  • Music. Right now it's Christmas music. Love this time of year. Isn't God so cool to create music? How much of our lives have music in the background?
  • Smiles. Hugs. Kisses. From a friend, a spouse, a child, a parent. Just love in general.
  • My jogger. I love my jogger. BOB is my friend. Really. We are close.
  • Books. I'm excited about my return to this love. It's been over a decade since I've seriously submersed myself in their pages. Love it.
  • Green grass that you can walk in barefoot.
  • Did I mention chocolate and peanut butter already?

No comments: