Thursday, September 03, 2009

Quick Grama Update

Grama with her six kids in June of this year. From left: Scott, my Dad, John, Linda, Jeff, and Bob. My Grandmother is 5'9" and my Dad is 6'8" so you can tell how big her kids were!

Grama is still unresponsiveness but with us on this Earth. I spoke with my Dad and apparently last night she broke from her coma-like state for mere moments to say that she could see Jesus. She said that He was beautiful and that she could see my Grampa too. My Aunt and Uncle encouraged her to run to them, but for now, Grama is still with us -- as far as we can tell. I spent most of last night crying, remembering things about my Grama. I pulled out a little figurine of a baby she gave me during our infertility journey. She gave it to me and said it made her think of the child we would one day have. I happened to look on the bottom of it today and in typical Grama style, she had put a sticker on the bottom of the figurine which said: Nestle in His Love. Grama always put stickers on everything. Her cards were covered with stick figures, scriptures, and stickers. She was famous for reusing cards by cutting fronts and glueing them to backs. I'll miss Grama's cards.

Please continue to keep our family in your thoughts and prayers. Pray that Grama is in the Lord and her husband's arms soon.

1 comment:

Rachel and Hans said...

Wendi - you are your family are in our prayers. How wonderful that you and your Grama had such a special relationship and that she got to meet your boys.

Praying that she leaves her earthly home comfortably and peacefully.