Saturday, September 19, 2009

I normally don't brag . . .

. . . but JB is standing behind me telling me that I need to post on my blog the facts of our day.

The main fact is that we had to take a test at the end of the six hour class. Fifty questions. I missed one. A 98 percent. It was the highest score in the class -- even higher than JB. When the instructor informed us of that fact, I seriously laughed out loud. Hard. What the heck!?

The truth is that many of the fifteen people there had not done any preparation ahead of time. If I would have failed to prepare ahead of time, I would have bombed the test for sure. But JB tutoring me for the last month and reading the entire book made the difference. I'm sure that's the only reason that I scored so well. Scuba diving has a lot of science related concepts. I am horrible at science. Like really, really bad.

We didn't get in the water or anything today. That comes tomorrow. So for now I feel like I understand the "stuff" but still don't know how I feel about being in the water. Tomorrow we'll get in the pool. I should know whether I like it, love it, or hate it after that.

The boys did fantastic for the babysitter. What a greal gal she is. But we did miss them. It's hard for JB to give up the two days he gets to spend a lot of time with them to do the scuba. But I can tell he's really in his element.

More scuba to come!

1 comment:

Kristi H. Hunt said...

Way to go Wendi! But I am not surprised.