Thursday, September 03, 2009

Morning smiles

Again, probably more video than most of you care to see, but I try to get a video for the Gramas (and Joanie and Bri) at least once a week if I can. With everything going on with my own Grama, moments like these really brighten my day. Between both my boys being sick and Isaac's allergy issues, it was a long day full of a lot of crankiness and concerns. But first thing in the morning is my favorite time of the day full of lots of snuggles and smiles and giggles.

Elijah gets up around 6am. I feed him and play with him. Sometimes he needs to go back for nap #1 before Isaac gets up. But some mornings, like this morning, he was still awake when Isaac starts talking in his crib. So I bring him with me to get big brother. Usually Scrubs is with us too, but this morning, he was too tired and stayed put in his own bed. So it was just the three of us.

I often put Elijah in the crib with Isaac and then take turns changing each of them. But this morning, I just got out the video camera and watched them play first. Elijah LOVES his big brother. He is enthralled with him. His longest periods of happiness are when he is playing with Isaac. Isaac is so amazing with him. He is always gentle and patient and giving. He wants to run to Elijah's room whenever he hears him on the monitor. He makes the sign for night-night whenever I put Elijah down. And he still makes the kissing noise anytime something has to do with Elijah.

Okay, okay. I got off on a tangent. Here's the video for those of you who have Grama-like curiosity. A morning in our lives.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE this video!! They are so adorable together!!! I bet they will be close all of their lives!!Love those open mouth kisses!! Too cute! What a beautiful family you have Wen and John! N

Kristina said...

That is sooo cute!!

I bet it is a blast. My daughter Lily is 3 1/2 months old and already loves her big brother Luke (2) so much. I love siblings!!

Kristina said...

P.S. Elijah looks soooooo much like his daddy, it's crazy. He is his mini me!

Jess said...

Oh the baby squeals. LOVE them!

Pretty much this is what makes life good, huh?