Sunday, September 27, 2009

A post from the pup

Finally! I have been lying on my bed in the kitchen watching my person type on that computer-thing for months. Make that years. I finally got it down and snagged it and took over and decided it was time you heard from me, the dog, Scrubs. (aka: The Scrubinator, Bubby, Trouble, Stubborn, Get out of my way) . . . Call me whatever you want. It's time I spoke my mind.

Two and a half years ago, I came into the house an eight week old puppy. I ruled the roost. I ran the show. I slept where I wanted. I relaxed where I wanted. I played where I wanted. I ate where I wanted.

Then, all of a sudden. An Intruder. Okay so he's cute and he smells and tastes good and I really do like him, but still, an Intruder. Just a few months later? Another Intruder! I'm still trying to figure him out, but I think I like him too. It's just, well, they cramp my style.

For instance, take a look at these pictures my person took of me yesterday afternoon.

Here I am, taking a nice nap. I won't even get into the fact that there is no where in this stinkin' house that I can lie down where there aren't toys. That's a whole 'nother story. What I will say is that despite this, Intruder #1's kitchen really is a good place to rest my head. Everything is so peaceful even though I barely have a spot to lay down. And then, suddenly . . .

How rude! Da-da decides to tickle Intruder #1 and wake me up from my nap! This is not unusual. Da-da and Isaac wrestle a lot. Sheesh! How am I supposed to get any rest?

Not only was I woken up by the noise. But then Intruder #1 decides to try and lay on top of me. This is not unusual. He likes to ride me like a horse, lay on top of me, crawl under me, pull my tail, stick his arm up my throat, and tug on my ears. And . . . get this. I am not supposed to lick or mouth him at all. Are you kidding me?! The good thing though about Intruder #1 is, he feeds me food. A lot. My person has started separating us when food is involved because we have figured out how to do it on the sly and stop as soon as she is watching. She says this causes me to wake up in the middle of the night with an upset stomach. But that food is worth it!! Intruder #1 and I have become good buddies even though he sometimes abuses me a bit.

I'm not really so sure why Intruder #1 laughs at me all the time. But he does. He does this little evil giggle anytime he is around me. My person and Da-da can tell when he is near me because the evil laugh comes out. He gives away our sneakiness with that laugh!

Anyways, that is just a sampling of what I go through in a few mere moments. And that doesn't even include Intruder #2 who is now starting to be able to corner me as well. He likes to grab my tail and try to put it in my mouth. And again, no licking him allowed!

Life has really changed around here. Don't get me wrong. I like my life. And these Intruders bring advantages. For instance, when I get my dog food in the morning and at night, my person uses the old baby food jars to swish water around and put it in my bowl. This adds some great flavors like "strawberry passion" and "Hawaiian delight." Yum. As I mentioned before, I get all kinds of new foods given to me on purpose by intruder #1 or on accident when they are dropped. In addition, intruder #2 is starting to offer me some great food options as well, in addition to his spit up formula that has sustained me thus far.

I also get to play Frisbee in the yard more frequently because my person likes to take a nap because the intruders make her so tired. We play Frisbee and then I agree to settle down and nap with her instead of being annoying (which I have down to a science.)

So I guess, in closing I'll say that the Intruders, while annoying and a bit of a cramp to my style, are cool guys who offer me some good stuff. I think I'll let them stay.

Woof!

7 comments:

grama di said...

I hope the boys don't miss Scrubby too much while they are here!!! So cute!!

Anonymous said...

I think you could seriously submit this post to a parent's-type magazine, or even a pet lover's magazine (don't know of any, but wouldn't that be a good idea for a magazine?). Dogs plus little boys equals hysterically funny.

Jodi said...

I Love it, love it, love it! Jackson has a rude awakening one day!

Anonymous said...

You are one COOL dude Bubby! Keep up the good work and ( playing and eating)with your TWO intruders! You are one of the smartest dogs I know! YOU ROCK!

TAV said...

aww, cute post, scrubby! i love the pictures including of intruder #1

The Mac's House said...

Dalmatian Rescue of Southwest VA is having a photo contest for their christmas card. You can enter up to three photos, there is a fee you would have to check out their website.

Rocky Spot Dal Rescue has a calendar that they put together each year as well, I haven't heard if they are doing it again this year. You submit photos to them, some are free and others are a fee.

Mr. Scrubby you are the BEST!

AW said...

LOL - this is too cute! Makes me wonder what ours would say...