Friday, September 18, 2009

Tomorrow is the day

I've been reading my book.

It's long.

I've studied the dive tables and answered the questions and completed the quizzes. I suppose the only thing left is for me to actually go and, well, scuba dive.

Tomorrow is our first class. It's like six hours long. Second class is on Sunday for like six hours again. Babysitter will be here at 7:30. We need to be at the Base pool by 8:00.

Am I nervous? Yes.

Do I think I might hate it? Yes.

Do I love my husband a whole lot and want to give this a fair shake? Yes.

Stay tuned for the report tomorrow evening as to how cool or uncool scuba diving really is.

And wish me luck.

3 comments:

Beth said...

I have scuba dived one time--I was terrified! BUT...I did it!! Once I got over my fear, which caused me to hyperventilate while I was trying to breathe in the mask, I had a great time. One tip that helped me--try standing in the pool and putting your face in like snorkeling with the mask on first. It gave me confidence to sink down and sit on the bottom. Good luck!

Sweetlove said...

I vote that you will think it is really cool and love it! Maybe not as much as your husband but love it in and of itself.

Anonymous said...

Dive!!! Dive!!! I think that you will love it, Wen.
Hope all goes well.
Joan