Friday, November 18, 2016

Review: The Lord's Prayer


The Lord's Prayer: Words of Hope and Happiness with commentary by Rick Warren and illustrations by Richard Jesse Watson was a book I looked forward to receiving. Each page includes part of the Lord's Prayer and then a small statement and prayer.

However, I have to be honest .... I just really did not like this book. I think it was the fact that this was supposed to be "words of hope and happiness" and the illustrations and lay-out of the book did not evoke that sensation in me.

I found the illustrations absolutely remarkable. Truly this artist is probably one of the best I have ever seen for people. (I think you can tell that from the cover featured above.) But the pictures just did not exude peace for me. They had almost a "scared" feeling instead of producing joy and sweetness.

I hate to give a book a negative review, but this is just one that I will not be keeping in our library. I encourage you to check it out for yourself. I noticed on Amazon that it was receiving very high reviews so I hope this was unique to me.

Booklookbloggers.com gave me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review.

No comments: