Saturday, November 12, 2016

Because we all need to smile


I have decided that my blog will be a happy place. I am not saying I won't ever have anything not happy in the future, but at least for the considerable future, my goal is to remember the things that make me smile each day. Many in our world are very sad. Tensions are running high.

Here is my truth, and if you know me in person, I hope you know this to be true. 

I am a Christian. I have views. I hold fast to my convictions. But I love. I love everyone. Our differences should not impact that. Or at least this is my goal ... always. We encourage people to come visit our farm from all walks of life. And we want them to feel that this is a safe place. I have had friends from all races and religions and lifestyles. And I love them. And I hope they love me back. I truly believe that that is my job on this Earth. To be kind and to show the love that I believe my Savior showed everyone he met. 

Mark 12:30-31 "And you shall the love Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.Love your neighbor as yourself.There is no commandment greater than these.”

So ... on that note, stay tuned for all the happy I can muster in the days/weeks to come. I want you to know that you can come here and just smile and remember that while there are hard things in the world there are also big farms, and little piglets, and kids who say the darndest things.

For example, Hannah was playing outside today. When I went out there, we had the following conversation:

Hannah: "I have three tomatoes in my pocket."
Me: "Why?"
Hannah: "Because I just picked them."
Me: "Are you going to eat them?"
Hannah: "No I don't like tomatoes."
Me: "Okay. Well why is Ritter running around? I had him on the leash."
Hannah: "Yeah. I learned how to take him off of the leash."

(This was news to me and quite overwhelming to think she holds this power.)

Later at dinner:

Isaac: "Here you go Hannah."
Hannah: "I'm not Hannah. I'm tomato girl."

Shortly after that I had to send Hannah to time-out for putting bread between her toes.

These are all true stories.

And I hope you smiled -- even just a smirk will do.

No comments: