Tuesday, November 22, 2016

New chickens are laying


The eggs are tiny (as is normal from new layers), but our new chickens are laying! We have about 43 veterans who have been giving us about 2-3 dozen eggs a day. But we've had about 38 newbies that we've been waiting to come of age. In the last few days we have started getting the tiny eggs typical of our new layers. We still haven't seen any chocolate colored eggs typical of one of our new breeds. But still, we are pretty positive these are new layers! Since I don't sell really small eggs, we eat these, and of course they still taste fantastic. In the past two months, I've been having a nearly impossible time of keeping up on the demand for our eggs so I'm very excited that I will now be getting somewhere around 5-6 dozen a day. I've been waiting for this, and it's happening.

No comments: