Sunday, April 03, 2016

Tooth #13, Tooth #14 and a trip to the ER

On Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of this week, JB and I went away. I am so glad we had this time before everything happened with Scrubs. He took me to a wonderful hotel in Asheville where he had some great R&R. 

While we were gone, Sidge lost tooth #13 for the boys (#4 for him) -- a front tooth.



And then last night, tooth #14 (#5 for him), another front tooth. He had lost both front teeth at the front time. So fun!


But that "cuteness" was short-lived. This morning, as we prepared to walk out the door for church, Sidge jumped on his scooter. The scooter caught inbetween the driveway and the grass and Sidge's face hit the handlebars. The damage was ... significant.

JB immediately surmised that Sidge was going to need to have a baby tooth pulled. In addition, his gums had gotten pulled back leaving both of his two front big teeth exposed. Through the beauty of Facebook we were able to get a hold of a few dentists we knew. We couldn't find a dentist on call or anywhere we could take him locally (or even not-so-locally). But JB was able to shoot a video and share it with a friend of his and then with the local oral surgeon. 

Both the dentist and the oral surgeon felt this was something that JB could handle in the ER. So that's what we did. JB and I headed up and with the help of one of his great nurses, they were able to pull Sidge's tooth and then stitch his gums back together. We are going to see a dentist later this week to just make sure all is well.


What a weekend. I am so ready to have some boredom in my life. The good thing was, that while all this was happening, I completely forgot about the loss of our doggie. But once Sidge was okay, I found the tears coming back again.

Day by day.

1 comment:

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

oh my! I am so glad that they were able to take care of it! Poor mama!