Keep It Simple, Stupid!
In other words, make your life easy. This means just what it implies. Don't complicate your life. Don't make it harder on yourself than it needs to be. If there is a way to make things easier: do it!
Today's Mom K.I.S.S.:
- Take a short-cut (sometimes)
- I give myself permission to take the easy way out sometimes.
- An example?
- I will often just throw them in the appropriate sock drawer without matching them. Is this ideal? No. But if I don't have the time to match them, I'll throw them in the drawer so that they aren't sitting out for weeks on end. Then ... I will return at a later date and time and match them up.
- Sometimes I will do this with a kitchen drawer or my office. I'd rather put things away the first time, but if time is at a premium, I will throw things into my office and then return when I can and put everything away where it goes.
- Give yourself permission to take a short-cut!
P.S. have a K.I.S.S idea? Please email them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org!