Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Finally get to see "Beeeee"

This is actually a major accomplishment; Isaac is looking at the camera! What a wonderful visit we had with Bri yesterday afternoon. I love this girl. She is such a blessing in our lives. Isaac is so lucky to have her for a birth mom. Isaac was asleep when she got to the house, but when he woke up, I told him that Bri was here, and he lit up. Isaac doesn't just go to anyone, but you can tell that there is really a connection between he and his "Beeeee." It truly seems as if he knows there is something really special about her.


Isaac was IN LOVE with the Mickey and Goofy cars Bri brought for the boys. He actually took them with him to bed last night. He was panicked when he thought I wasn't going to let him sleep with them.


Elijah was quite a handful during Bri's visit. I think he got time-out about eight times in a ten minute period. But he was still quite snuggly and lovey-dovey!


Isaac in love with his cars. My Mom asked me tonight how a kid can play with cars for hours at a time. I remember asking JB that one time too. What is it that is going through a little boy's head as they push these things around over and over again. JB said that he gets it. My Dad said that he gets it too. The consensus according to my Dad is that, "It's a guy thing. You girls wouldn't get it."

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Hi Wendi, I have kind of a random question. How do time outs work with your kids? I mean, how do you make them take a time out? I have a 16 month old and I haven't incorporated time outs yet and i feel I should because he does things that I'd like him to start getting the idea is not ok to do. I'm just trying to get ideas from other moms. Thanks. ~Tiffany~

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

Ok, I disagree w/"guy thing". I grew up on a farm, collectd match box cars (which I still have) and LITERALLY played hours on end. I am sure it is WAY different than guys. My sister and I made houses, roads, etc. Every car belonged to a friend, cousin, etc. We spent tons of time with those cars going to weddings, parties, work, etc. I saw Bub play for about 40 minutes the other day in our drive way w/cars. This is VERY long for him to do ANYTHING by himself. I started to go out and play w/him but decided not to b/c he usually "needs" others to be content. We also have a mat/blanket that both my children enjoy. Like town on each side. One is more for a boy- primary colors, police station, fire house, etc. The flip side is pink with hair salon, grocery store, etc. I got this thing about 4-5 years ago from a thrift store. Well worth the few bucks I spent on it. But I have often been told I was a tom boy growing up...so that may be the difference. I DO NOT get why boys have to make EVERYTHING move like a car, boat or airplane. I remember the first time Bub did this w/a cracker at about age 2. I looked at a friend and she assured me it was a BOY thing! My daughter has NEVER done this and my son STILL does! :)

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Tiffany, great question. I am going to address this in a blog sometime. I picked a spot. And would call it "time-out" and then make him sit down. At first I would just do it for a few seconds. And then I would try it longer and longer. Now he has to stay for one minute.

To be quite honest, I don't think their age (Elijah is 15 months) is really an age where they actually "get it" quite yet. But I feel like I need to do something to acknowledge that the behavior is not warranted.

Elijah actually gets it and actually sits there. If he can do it. Anyone can do it. Really. Ha!