Friday, April 02, 2010

Start of a busy April

Elijah picked a fine and dandy day to decide that he no longer wanted to take a morning nap!

I was planning on getting everything ready for my little "getaway" weekend while he was sleeping. Unfortunately, as you can tell from the little video below, he thought that was a lousy idea.

So I am left to get ready for my trip with two awake kiddos. Not the easiest thing, but I'm figuring it out.

And while I am on the topic of figuring it out. I figured out that the Lord is in the small things too. The guy at the oil change place had mercy on me and put me in front of everyone else so that I didn't have to wait with two little kids. Thank the Lord for small miracles. (The other people weren't technically "waiting". They had dropped their cars off.) And I know. I left it until the very last minute. No excuse for that. But I needed to get it changed before me trip.

So ... yes, I am leaving town today. My wonderful goddaughter, Jessie, who lives in Kentucky, decided to spend her Spring Break hanging out with me and my boys. She is thirteen now, and quite the lady. She's also learning how to take care of kids. What a great way to inundate herself. She can definitely learn more about that hanging out with me for a week. In exchange, we are taking her to Disney World with us! Way fun.

Jessie's Mom, Deanna, is driving with her to meet me. We are going to both meet halfway. However, I decided to go up tonight and get a hotel and spend the evening with two of my college teammates: Heather and Shea. So I'm driving up tonight, getting a hotel, and in the morning, I'll connect with Deanna and Jessie, have lunch, and drive back to Base with Jessie.

My wonderful husband will watch the boys.

On Sunday, he will take off for a week long allergy course in Texas. Then, the following Friday, Jessie and I will drive the boys to Orlando. John will fly there from Texas to Orlando. The original plan was for him to drive with us, but this course came up and so we adjusted things a bit. Thank goodness Jessie was planning on going with me!

The whole Disney thing emerged because of a great deal the military is offering to families. So we are going to stay with JB's sister Katie, see his brother Rob and his girlfriend, and just enjoy the parks at our leisure.

Anyways, we are going to spend a few days at Disney World (where we'll meet our awesome cousins Josh and Sarah and their kiddos will come too) before JB drops me off in South Florida and then gets a rental car and returns to Base for two weeks to do nights.

Oh did I tell you!? We booked a one-way rental car from Fort Lauderdale to Eglin AFB for $21.00 with tax! Is that even POSSIBLE?!

But out adventures don't end in South Florida. I'm going to go to New Mexico in the middle of my South Florida visit. I'm going to leave the boys with my Mom and go see Kristi and her kiddos and run a triathlon. Then I'll go back to South Florida, pick-up the boys, and drive back to Base solo.

Okay so did you get all that?

Needless to say our April is booked solid.

Oh, and yes, we are still moving halfway around the world in just three months. JB and I had a large pow-wow last night to try to nail down how we will get all of our stuff from here to there.

Wow. I gotta get off the computer and get some stuff done.

Even with Elijah awake.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a busy bee!!

AW said...

Texas for an allergy course? This is THE state of allergies. A great place to learn! Where's he gonna be?

Amy T. S. said...

Loved the video. Isaac reminded me so much of Andrew in his mannerisms, smile, and language. How neat!

TAV said...

that is a cheap car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1