Thursday, April 22, 2010

Learning Curve

I am constantly learning as a mother. As a person too, but right now, at this stage in my life, my learnings are mostly motherly-elated.

Today I learned that if you buy egg-free waffles for your little allergic-to-eggs-Isaac, Murpy's Law says that he won't want to eat them. But your other son, who could eat the cheaper waffles with egg in them, will think they are just awesome.

I also learned, for the second time in three days, that it isn't just the kids who forget the things that ought not to be forgotten.

Two days ago I brought both boys "up da stairs" (as Isaac says) for their baths. While I was taking off Isaac's clothes, I turned and saw that Elijah had begun rolling the toilet paper into the tub.

I don't think I have to state the obvious, but I will anyways. It'll make for better effect. Toilet paper and baths full of water don't mix. Well, they actually do mix. They mix into a sticky, gooey, icky mess.

You'd think I'd remember this. But today, I turned my back again to take Isaac's clothes off and found a naked Elijah doing the exact same thing. More sticky, gooey, icky mess.

And more smiles. At least on the inside.

2 comments:

Nancy, Jeremy, Jack, and Julianne said...

Keep smiling on the inside;)

Joy Z said...

You're doing good mama! Some of my children have learned that if you place the end of the toilet paper in the toilet and then flush, the whole roll will unroll and go down the toilet. Not nearly as much of a mess as the tub, but just as wasteful! :)