Thursday, April 01, 2010

In just one day, I learned ...

  • how long it actually takes to pull wipes out of their box one by one. Answer: not long. Isaac illustrated that for me.
  • that Elijah is capable of climbing a lot higher than we thought. (Think outside tabletop, arms waving in the air, while we were eating dinner with some new friends inside their house.)
  • that it doesn't taste good to eat your words. Told my friend Jaime when she was visiting: "My boys never pee on me while I am changing their diaper." Last night, right before we went out to dinner, my words were soaked. Thanks Elijah.
  • that any toy that bounces or has wheels has intense issues with being shared.
  • that it isn't always the dog's fault. Scrubs has been attempting to turn his head and not take snacks offered by Elijah, knowing it is against the rules. Elijah often manages to shove the piece-of-whatever into his mouth nonetheless.
  • Fighting and love can switch back and forth more times than the "wipers on the bus" can.
  • that Isaac can ask for "apple juice" 100 times in 10 minutes, and he hasn't ever even had it before? Where did he learn what this is and that he wants it?

No comments: