Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Isaac's language

Each day Isaac is saying something that just makes me laugh, smile, or melt. He continues to impress us with the things he says.

His latest thing is "Mommy do it." If he wants me to do something, he will say "Mommy do it." An example. We were at the park and Jessie started to push him on the swing. He shook his head and said, "Mommy do it." The only problem is that "Mommy do it" Isaac-style comes out, "Mommy tooted." Cracks us all up every time.

Pronouns are still not very unimportant in communication to Isaac. When I am going somewhere in the house, and he wants to come as well, he will say "with me." I realized that this is what he hears me saying all the time. I say: "Do you want to come with me?" So he says "with me" instead of "with you." Just makes me smile.

Scrubby has also been the recipient of Isaac's propensity for verbiage. When Scrubs disobeys Isaac now says, "Bubby naughty." He will say, "No no Bubby." He will also say "Down" or "Come." Scrubs just looks at me as if to say, Seriously? I have someone else telling me what to do?

Oh and the Veggie Tales? He calls them "Cucumbers." Yesterday he said, "I turned cucumbers off Mommy." Five word sentence!

He has a National Geographic animal book that he loves. He is now saying nearly every animal in there including the "galago" -- still not sure what that thing is. He is also differentiating types of monkeys. I can't ever remember what it is called, but Isaak will say: "Ukari" each time. He also loves the raccoon, sea unicorn, and macaroni penguin.

How amazing, and what a privilege to watch children learn. I keep thinking how God planned it this way. He created us. And he gave us parents. Those parents are there to mold us and help us grow and learn. And then we fly off by ourselves. That was all in God's design plan. What an amazing miracle life is. And how amazing to get to help that life grow into a man. It truly doesn't matter that that life grew in another womb. I still get to be part of the big picture.

2 comments:

Lesley J said...

Mommy tooted! I love it! :)

denise said...

that is great "mommy tooted". You should get THAT on video!