Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Today I am happy because . . .

  • Elijah's physical therapy session this morning went really well! Not only did she note some marked improvements from the exercises we'd been doing at home, but I was able to time things pretty well (feedings and naps) so that he was in great spirits for the whole thirty minute session.
  • Brittney watched Isaac for me during the appointment. This allowed me to lower my stress level considerably knowing Isaac was happy and I could focus on Elijah.
  • I got a two hour nap. Read it and weep folks. TWO hours. This NEVER happens. I timed things perfectly. Isaac went down. Elijah went down. No peeps on either monitor. Put Scrubby in his kennel. Headed to my bedroom. Two hours later Isaac was the first to wake. Two hours. Praise the Lord. I needed it sooooo badly.
  • My Dad is doing better. He had some surgery on his lip this past week and was in pretty rough shape for a few days. We'd been communicating via instant messenger because he couldn't speak but today I even talked to him on the phone. I'm crossing my fingers that he is well enough to come up and visit this weekend with my Mom.
  • JB wants to go for a family run this evening. I love to run with him, but he had warned me he'll be working late this week on the residency lecture schedule. The fact that he'll get home in time for us all to go out together is awesome.
  • I got to talk to my friend Michelle yesterday.
  • I got to go to the Bay today.
  • The weather is beeee-u-tiful outside. Crisp and cool with a slight breeze. It's awesome.
  • Our renters in Minnesota are going to stay another year. (If you didn't know, we still own our condo in the Polar North.) That makes three years in a row with the same renters folks! Yipeeeee!

Tomorrow, I'll try to think of a few more things to be happy for but I think this is enough for today.

4 comments:

The Woodfords said...

Yay, Wendi! I'm especially happy for you about your 2 hour nap - I wouldn't hold that against anyone!! =) Glad you're having a good day! Take care,
Steph

Tara said...

2 hour nap! Wow! Good for you.

I think I missed that Elijah is in physical therapy. What is he working on?

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Tara, he has some sort of big named condition which actually means he only looks in one direction (the right) which causes his head to be odd shaped. So we have to work on the muscles in the other side of his neck.

Ebby Ray said...

I have 8 more years until all the kids are moved out or capable of being on their own. Keep the condo until then so that Ronnie and I can live in it after Cole goes off to school.