Monday, May 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Scrubs!

Hard to believe, but our "little" (seventy pound) Scrubinator is two years old today. Here is a look back at birthday number one just a week or so after we had brought little Isaac home.

I thought I would celebrate Scrubs' birthday with some photos. Scrubs thought he would celebrate by being a major pain in my patookee today. Scrubs can have many days in a row where he is marvelously angelic. He can lie around and act like a regular dog for long stretches now that he is two. But then he can have a day like today. After trying to eat a Halls wrapper, getting a bit too physical with his Isaac-licking, trying to dig a hole in the backyard, and trying to prohibit me from taking a nap by continually running up and licking me, he has spent more of the day in his kennel then out.

But he is still our Scrubby. Even though he absolutely drives me crazy and definitely complicates our life considerably, he is a member of our family. As I have said many times before, Scrubs was integral to me being as mentally, physically, and emotionally healthy as I was during my first year here at Eglin. After five years of infertility, he kept me busy and focused when everyone I knew was a parent except for me (or so it seemed). He went on walks and jogs with me and helped me to meet people around the neighborhood. I really do love this doggie!

Okay so here are the celebration photos.

Scrubs with his Dad in Delaware before he joined our family.
Very first day home. Getting a bath.


With JB. Look at that heart nose!


A photo Joia took just a few days after we had gotten him.


My infertility diversion.
Being a good sport with Jocelyn.

Posing with Elijah.

His best human buddy, Isaac.


Hanging out at the bay with Deuce.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCRUBS!!!

3 comments:

Rabens Family said...

Happy Birthday, Scrubs! What a good boy you are. Jocelyn sends you "puppy kisses"!

Grampa Coach and gramma Di said...

Awww Scrubanuski!!! We love you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Scrubs!
Love,
Auntie Linda ;)