Sunday, May 18, 2008

Night on the town and happy birthday to Scrubs

Well, as promised, here are some photos from Isaac's first night "out on the town.". He spent most of the night as pictured below. This is a hat from Philip & Joia. It has a cute little outfit that goes with it, but the outfit is way too big. The hat, however, fits perfect. We call him our little "sandman" in this hat.




We went to a sushi place in Destin Commons where my mom and I could get some "real" food while JB got his temporary fill of sushi. I have tasted sushi once and will never enter that dark part of my life again. My mother, however, is an adventurous eater and gave it a try. She did like it but stuck to her curry for the long haul.


Here is Isaac and me at dinner. This was a rare moment when he actually decided to open his eyes:

And here is Isaac after his long night of partying. He's a bit tuckered out from all that sleeping!

Here's a photo of JB and me today. John said he wanted to wait one more week before bringing Isaac to church so we spent a restful day at home. I ran to the grocery store to get some stuff for JB to make french toast for breakfast and Indian for dinner.

Today is another special day. Today is Scrubs' one year birthday. Now I am not into celebrating birthdays of pets (or keeping their teeth as one man at the dog park told me he did -- blah!) If you do these things, it's okay, I just have to draw the line in my pet obsession at some point, and keeping puppy teeth is my line.

Scrubs' only birthday request was that I mention him on the blog. So that's what I am doing. :) My mom and I plan to take Scrubs to the bay to swim at some point today too -- one of his "favorite things." (Other favorites include eating peanut butter, chasing the flashlight, sniffing, eating, getting his belly scratched, stealing, and stretching.) We thought we would have gone already, but quite honestly, our dog has slept half his birthday away. We think that all the days of excitement finally caught up to him.

In recognition of Scrubs' birthday, here' s a flashback to his early days in our family. Here's a video from his second day at home:

And here's another video of the first time we let Scrubs try broccoli. Some of you may remember this video from way back when. But every time I watch it, it makes me laugh all over again.





9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like there is lots of fun going on in the Kits household! I'm impressed with how well you've kept up with blogging...super woman! :-)

Anonymous said...

How cool to see video again of when Scrubs was a baby! Philip and I both watched them, and couldn't believe how small he was! =0)

Anonymous said...

wow he was very tiny....
kristin

Edward Charles said...

That is so funny. Our first dinner out after Edward was born was for Sushi too!!! That must be what the cool parents eat first :)
Happy Birthday to Scrubs! Edward is getting ready to turn 1. Can't believe it! Love y'all, The Pleasants

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Scrubs was ever that small. The broccoli video was hilarious! I think I missed it the first time.

Isaac looks so different from when I saw him a week ago. I think I need to see him in person again to clarify. :-)

Jodi

Amy T. S. said...

Isaac looks really spiffy out clubbing!

Can you believe that each day your life with him will become more and more fun?!?!?!

(The mall - I love the mall!)

Anonymous said...

Did john eat ALL that Sushi!?!?!?

oh i love that pic of Isaac in the crib after his big day -it's got to be one of my favorites...i love the one of the three of you having a quiet Sunday too! :)
your mom looks happy! :)
love Jan

Anonymous said...

Sushi, Yum! Thanks for keeping up with blogging and posting photos, Wen! I love reading about your every day life details and seeing pictures of your family. :)

Anonymous said...

Everyone looks so happy from proud da, mom and grandma. It is such a happy time for all of you. I dont know if you guys will ever stop smiling.

Tony B.