Sunday, May 25, 2008

Isaac's Journal Entry #1

It's been a very active weekend here at my new home. On Saturday, I got to take my last nap with my "Aunt" Ebby before my Mommy had to drive her back to the airport. I heard she has other kids she misses taking naps with (although they are not as tiny as me!) We had such a fun time with "Aunt" Ebby. She fed me and changed me and played with my puppy Scrubs so he wouldn't be so mischievous. One night, I went with my Mommy to Care Group, and we left Aunt Ebby and Scrubs at home. While Ebby wasn't looking, Scrubs ate one of my onesies. How funny was that? Ebby didn't seem to be laughing so hard.

Anyways, while my Mommy took her to the airport, I got to hang out with Daddy and my big puppy Scrubs. Daddy had only had a few hours of sleep, but we had a great time anyways.


Today was my first day to go to church. My Daddy and Mommy found something else in my closet that while still a little big, actually fits me! This was a hand-me-down from my big cousin Nate. Thanks Nate dog! I looked cool!

I had my parents take the photo from two different angles so you could make sure to see my cute little moccasins that my Mom's friend Andrea gave me. They are still big, but aren't they cool?

Church was fun. They announced me from the puplit which was uber-cool. I also sat in the back with Daddy so he could feed me and then went to the cry-room with Mommy. I wasn't crying, but I was wide awake and talking quite a bit. I also had a pretty bad case of the hick-ups. Mommy had no idea where the cry room was! She had to get one of the Veteran Moms to show her. Mommy keeps on saying to me, "Can you believe I am your Mommy!" I wish she would get over it already. Apparently, I am pretty special and impressive to her.

After church, my Mommy was very tired so she and I took a nap while Daddy watched a movie, and Scrubs ... well Scrubs decided it was time to chew his rope ball into smithereens! Check out the picture of him below. Silly Scrubs!


Unfortunately, for as much rope as you see in the photo, an equal amount often ends up in Scrubby's belly, but Dad and Mom said that's okay if he is happy and that it won't stay in his belly so not to worry.

Scrubs is a very good big puppy to me. He likes to lick my ear and chew on the ends of my diaper. He also likes to steal my stuff which Daddy and Mommy are currently trying to fix by spraying this nasty stuff in his mouth when he does it. I hope they don't do that to me when I am as big as Scrubby! One other good thing about Scrubs is that I think I can get away with a lot of things when I get older. I can blame everything on him, and they'd believe he'd do it!

Mommy just got back from playing frisbee with Scrubbs at the bay, and I have a full stomach from my post-lunch meal. Time for another nap. Bye everyone! Mommy says she'll let me type every now and then so I'm sure you'll be hearing from me again.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is So cute! Isaac is quite the writer (just like his Mommy!)

His church outfit was adorable! Love the moccasins!

Can't wait to hear from you again, Isaac! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Oh Isaac, how cute are you?

-bri

Anonymous said...

Aunt Ebby misses you already. Tell mom and dad that I knew Scrubs would eventually tear that ball up. It was just a matter of time.

Anonymous said...

So precious! He is so much more alert. Did he get anything out of the sermon? Loveyou! Mom

Amy T. S. said...

Hi, Isaac, it's me, BB Standridge. One time my cat ate some Easter grass from my Easter basket and my mommy had to, um, extract it from his hind quarters. That was not cool, dog.

Anonymous said...

Hey you Guys!

That picture of Isaac with the bottoms of the moccasins visible, LOL...He reminds me of Tim Conway's "Dorf!" I burst out laughing at how cute that was!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture where he's looking up at John and holding his finger!! He's so tiny!! Wow!
Cheryl

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

SO NICE TO FINALLY OFFICIALLY MEET THE 3 OF YOU AT CHURCH! ISAAC IS TOO CUTE...SO ALERT! :)