Tuesday, May 06, 2008

More unconnected thoughts as we wait . . .

Thanks to all who took my little quiz yesterday. Who is Laura? I know a few Lauras. Which one are you? Laura, have you been watching me from afar?! How did you do that? Laura beat my own mother! :)

The other person who scored a 100. My husband. On the way out the door this morning, JB informed me that he had taken the quiz and aced it. But he also told me he had a moment of panic. As soon as he signed his name, he realized the pressure was on. What would happen if he didn't do well? But he did, so all is well in our home today.

'Nother funny story. I work with Support Group Leaders at the RLS Foundation. There are about 120 of these Leaders scattered throughout the U.S. and Canada. One sweet lady insists on calling me "Kit". I have always thought this was cute and have never bothered to correct her. But yesterday, someone else called me "Dr. Steiner." So now my name is actually Dr. Kit Steiner. How great is that? And I didn't even have to go through medical school or survive intern year for that honor.

In other news, tomorrow is Isaac's due date. It is also Bri's 18th birthday. We have decided that there are many big days that Isaac could choose to make his debut. He could hang around until May 16th. That is Joan's birthday. And I figure, if he is going to wait that long, how 'bout waiting until the 22nd while he is at it. (That's my birthday.) What's the hurry anyways?

Actually I'm still voting for the 6th!? What is wrong with the 6th?

All righty ... back to waiting.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the 6th too -that's your cousin Eddie's birthday -today :)
or the 7th -Gramma and Grampa M's anniversary. :0
waiting with you
xo Tante Jan

TAV said...

hey wen- i'm just wondering what the stork ticker is going to say if bri goes overdue.... "only 1 day past when i was supposed to be born?" :) i hope it's the 6th, too! :)

AW said...

Eeks. 22nd? I imagine Bri would have something to say about that. LOL!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

I was actually wondering the same thing Tara. I have no idea. We'll have to watch the stork to find out.

Maybe he'll say, "What the heck are you doign?! Emerge already!"

Amy T. S. said...

I like the 6th, too. Isn't that today though? I like the number 7 the best, but for some reason May goes with even numbers in my brain. If I had to pick an even number, I would say the 6th. But again, that's today and most labors are more than 3 hours.

I think the 9th. That's not an even number, but it is 6 upside-down, so maybe 9 is good.

Yeah - I say May 9th. That's my guess.

And I think it's a girl. Wouldn't that be a shock?

Anonymous said...

It's not writer Laura from Roch, that's for sure! I'm the "loser" Laura down at the bottom of the list. :^)

Anonymous said...

I just want you to know I didn't ignore your quiz....and John isn't the only one who panicked. Except, I didn't panick before the quiz...I lost it five questions in when I realized how hard they were!!!! So I quit. I'm sorry. Maybe we should stop chatting about big deals and focus on the small things huh.

Your failing cousin,
Justin

Anonymous said...

i got so excited about the 9th -cuz amy is so cute, checking on you several times a day to see if Isaac is here -i was sure it would be on the date she chose til she said she also thought he is a girl -then i realized her guessing 9 didn't have meaning! :) yep we are all focussing on little things right now --what a longing in everyone's heart to see this little guy but also to see him in your arms! Bri you are in my heart too -what a special gal you are. May God surround you all with His peace and His presence --I was picturing you all together and the verse came to me where Jesus says, "Where two or three are gathered in my name there am I in the midst of them". Jesus Himself is part of this!
love Tante Jan