Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Finally snagged a picture of the fox(es?)

Today I finally managed to secure some photos of the fox. I have been telling JB that I think they live in this cement-slab-thingy, but he didn't believe me. However, today Scrubs' barking frenzy led to a few good photos and proof! The fox actually climbing into the cement-slab-thingy!

When JB got home, he went and looked. He couldn't see into the cement-slab-thingy, but he shot the camera down there. He thinks they are "denning" inside this tunnel. I asked JB, as he went to look inside if a fox could bite him. "Of course," he said and trotted off as if I had asked him if he liked ice cream or something.
Once Scrubs spotted the fox, he perched himself on his chair and just stared out the window, intent on protecting us from the fierce slew of foxes!
I did manage to get him to look away for a few pictures. Doesn't he just look like an old man sitting here? :)



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, that was worth a hearty laugh, while we WAIT and WAIT!!!!!Look at the funny Scrubs sittin there like a person!! Just love that sweet face if his!! Doesnt he seem just like a human sometimes??? This is only the SECOND time today that I have checked the blog!!! By the end of the day it wil be MANY times!!Thinking of everyone and praying continually! Love Nancy

Anonymous said...

Good job catching the foxes on camera! =)

Scrubs Does look So funny sitting there like that! What a goof...

Rachel said...

I love it!! Those pictures are priceless! He's going to be such a good doggy friend for the little one! Love your blog i really do! i check it faithfully everyday!!

Iturblog said...

Great job capturing pics Wendi! Have you seen the coyotes (?-I'm guessing they're coyotes, bigger than foxes, and gray-certain they aren't dogs!) that live here on base? I have yet to get any pictures of them, but have seen them a few times just walking around; one walking down a sidewalk even! Can't beat free housing with bonus wildlife viewing! :)

AW said...

I am SO glad Scrubby is there to protect you from those wild creatures. LOLOL!

Anonymous said...

Scrubs IS a human!!!
I think Bri should go for a ride in her jeep! We love you Bri. We are praying for you and know that the little guy will come right when he's supposed to!! Di

Anonymous said...

your pooch looks like he needs a pipe and a shot glass beside him and he'd have it made ... :)
Laura (Joia's friend)

Anonymous said...

your pooch looks like he needs a pipe and a shot glass beside him and he'd have it made ... :)
Laura (Joia's friend)

Tara said...

I love Scrubs! :)

I can't believe he can sit in that chair and not turn around to grab food from the counter. I hope we'll still see the occasional Scrub picture and video once Isaac arrives!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Oh yeah! We will.

Many "leave its" later, Scrubs leaves the counter alone.

Although two days ago, he found my lack of "hurry" in giving him a bone off the counter annoying, and he snagged it himself!

I was worried early on about his counter surfing when he ate a whole thing of flea medication. However, one pot falling on the floor next to him changed his mind!

Anonymous said...

Wendi, it's a woman's intuition - if you thought foxes were in that hole you know there would be! That's so great you got pictures! :)
Love you like many other people and are praying for you and John as you wait for your baby to arrive.
All the agony of waiting, I'm sure will dissapate when he's in your arms.
Love,
Lauren