Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Shout outs to Isaac



I will start this post, which promises to present itself with a hodge-podge of pictures and information, with a few links. Since this blog will be something we (and Isaac) can look at years from now, I wanted to link to a few other posts by other bloggers that celebrated Isaac's arrival.


Yesterday we had a few visitors. Sarah and Della stopped over for a few minutes, but since Della was sick, they just stayed outside. Tiff and William came by. Tiff brought us a delicious dinner and picked up a few things from the store for us. Jodi came over later that evening, much to Scrubs' delight. He goes crazy when he sees her. More crazy than normal. Here's a photo of Scrubs' girlfriend Jodi with Isaac.


Joia and Keenan also stopped by. The first three photos that this blog started with are courtesy of Joia who is a great photographer and getting better with every picture she takes. The one of Isaac's feet shows off his very long toes! Joia was sick, so she didn't get to hold Isaac, but this gave her the opportunity to concentrate on photography instead! To see more of her photos, take a look at the link below:



We also took a few photos ourselves yesterday. Scrubs knows he is not allowed to put his paw/s on the couch. This was a rule established when we learned of Isaac's impending arrival. Watch him trying to be slick by going very slowly and being very sweet in hopes that JB won't catch him. JB let me take a photo before instructing Scrubs to quit breaking the rules!


Monday was also Isaac's first doctor's appointment on base. Unfortunately, we are having a few issues getting him into the computer due to the fact that his adoption paperwork is still in the works. We are hoping we can get him in the system today so that we can get him circumcised as soon as possible. The plastic surgeon will also look at Isaac's ear once he is an official military kid. They believe it will be a very simple procedure but want to confirm there is no cartilage in the tag.

Isaac has dropped from 7.5 pounds to 6.15 which Dr. G. says is fine. She gave him a super clean bill of health. A tiny bit of jaundice but nothing significant. He also has a little "divet" in his chest area typical of premies which she said will basically be non-existent as he ages. After the appointment, Jayne, the residency secretary came in the room, scooped Isaac up, and left to go wander and show him off to everyone. We found her with Isaac in the residency room. We also made a stop by JB's desk which Joia had decorated in preparation of Isaac's arrival! Don't I have the best friends!?!?


I loved this comment on the blog yesterday from our Pastor's wife at Crossway. How wonderful our church family has been during this journey as well. Shelly is the mother of two adopted children and two biological. I think what she wrote perfectly sums up how it feels to be an adoptive parent and how JB and I currently feel. "Welcome to the world of adoption. Recovery -- excellent, energy level -- normal, excitement level -- elevated, gratefulness -- off the chart. :) What an awesome God we have! Can't wait to welcome baby Isaac to the Crossway family."

Those few sentences are so accurate!

Here is a picture of me enjoying my off-the-chart gratefulness.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Love that picture of you, Wendi, I think that having a newborn asleep on your chest like that is just about the best thing in the whole world.. =)

Gabbs said...

I agree with Joia. Some of my favorite memories of Grace and Nate were when they were teenie tiny and sleeping on my chest.

Man, this kid just keeps getting cuter everyday! I miss him! Give him lots of kisses and hugs today from me!

Anonymous said...

Oh Wendi, He is so wonderful. I love all of your pictures, I save them everyday and now have quite a collection. I love you and John so much. (and Isaac, I love you lots to!) I'm so glad that your happy no one deserves it more than you guys. Mwah xoxo

-Bri

Anonymous said...

Adorable photos. The three lines from the pastor's wife are ones that I never even thought of but all are a huge plus.

Bri & Chris, boy my hat is off to both of you for your strength, courage, commitment, devotion to do what you felt was right for Isaac. I'm both amazed and admire your strength, may you continue to have the peace and happiness that has filled your hearts thru this time.

Wendi, you look like you're a million miles in the air and the smile hasn't left your face in all of the photos.

Great seeing the photos of Mr. Scrubs. I knew he would be an awesome dog thru all of it.

Teri (dalboard)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting me stop by yesterday! It was so nice seeing the HAPPY family and great meeting Grandma Huisman. Isaac is so adorable! I knew he would be, but he is even cuter in person.

Tell Scrubby I'll have to get a picture with him next time. I don't want him to get jealous :-)

Jodi

Anonymous said...

Wendi and John, these pictures are so precious it just makes me tear up looking at them!!! Look at that sweet little face!! and those little feet!!! ahhhhhhh, just so cute!!! And love that ol Scrubs...he will be Isaacs best friend for many years to come!!I love the picture of you Wendi, kissing Isaac on your friends blog!! And you John, holding him with those big strong Daddy hands!!!He is so very blessed to be in this wonderful family!!! I am bursting with joy for all of you!!!Enjoy every precious little moment!! Love Ya, Nancy