Monday, May 19, 2008

First bath!

Isaac's little belly button "thingy" finally fell off which meant no more sponge baths! Time for submersion! Okay, well not submersion, but time to get out that little bathtub Uncle Ray and Aunt Gabbi gave us and take a dip.

You'll have to excuse my appearance. This is after a morning run with Scrubs. JB starts nights this evening so he had the morning off to hang out with us and his yard! I took advantage and decided to take Scrubs on his first run since we've been home. He's had walks and playtime with Deuce and his Frisbee and in the water at the bay. But no run until today.

Here is Isaac before his adventure began:



And here is a video of the adventure. I'm sure Isaac will be ecstatic I put this up here when he is sixteen. But you know, this blog has followed our lives in detail through every IVF procedure we did. Why not show a first bath?! My mom is filming, while JB bathes, and I try to soothe. Isaac was not a fan of the bathtub, whatsoever, as will become quickly evident if you watch. Turn down your volume folks -- this boy has lungs. You'll also see how much Scrubs has adjusted to his crying. If Scrubs knows we are with Isaac, he doesn't budge. However, if Scrubs feels we aren't paying attention to the crying, he quickly alerts us to pay attention. I think he's getting that Isaac is a part of our pack quickly.




Here are some pictures after the bath. As soon as he was out and dry, he quickly calmed down




First baths are happy times. What is not a happy time is that my mother is going back to Ft. Lauderdale today. It has been so wonderful having her here. She has been so amazingly helpful -- not only with Scrubs and Isaac -- but around the house as well. Folks, she makes my bed! A bed I never make. (JB laid down the law early in our marriage, calculating all the time we waste in our lifetime taking and putting pillows on and off the bed. A few years ago, I finally completely gave in, and we only make the bed when company is coming over. Scrubs solidified that. Having pillows strewn about the room for him to chomp on in the middle of the night is not an option.) I have not done the dishes or laundry one time in a week. She's been amazing! I am not sure how I would have managed this first week without her.





My only consolation is that my friend Ebby is coming in today! I have not seen her in over a year so I am unbelievably excited. We also worked it out so that Ebby comes in 2.5 hours before my Mom so that maybe they will get to see each other for a bit which they would both like. They are flying into Pensacola so it'll be a bit of a jaunt for Isaac. He seems to like his car seat though so it should be fine.

Stay tuned for the invasion of Ebby. :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first bath IS so exciting! How fun that you shared it with us all! =0) He looks soo sweet in that fuzzy yellow bath towel!

I'M bummed that your mom is leaving too - she's awesome! =0/

Amy T. S. said...

A always hated baths. E LOVED them from the start, so A's aversion was a shock. However, my MIL discovered that he likes the bath as long as he is not reclining. Isaac is probably a little small for a sit-up bath, but if he continues to hate on the bath try propping him up. To wash his hair, shampoo it while he's in the bath and rinse from a cup into the sink after he's wrapped up in a towel!

Also, yay, moms! My mom swooped in the weekend we brought E home and did all the cooking and cleaning, too. Moms rock! Maybe someday we'll do all that when we have GRANDCHILDREN!

AW said...

Wendi, my mother-in-law did the same when Jon Kai came home. I honestly think I would have broken down if it weren't for her. I'd dreamt about being a mom all these years and then *wham*, I was and had no idea how to handle the baby AND housework/cooking at the same time. (I still have my moments - ha!)

So glad you're blessed with your mom to help you!

And that little monkey gets cuter and cuter with every picture you post!

Gabbs said...

Awww, my little Isaac had his first bath. How cute! Even cuter was hearing his little "newborn" sounding cries. Man, I love that little cry, although it usually means the baby isn't happy. But its still a cute sound no less!

XOXOXO to Isaac from Aunt Gabbi!!!!!!!

Marlene said...

That video is the cutest thing I have seen since...well, Scrubs being mad at the broccoli! I had to giggle a bit too as he just laid there while the baby was crying, like "ok...mom and dad can handle it."

Isaac is the sweetest, cutest thing! I can't get over how tiny he looks. I can't even remember my son at that age...1 week old. Now he's 23. Where in the heck did the time go?

I do however remember how amazing it is that something that small can let out a sound as loud as they do!

Jakesmom from the Dal board
(Marlene)

TAV said...

awwwww! and HI EBBY!!!!!!!

yuan family said...

He is so precious...even when he is crying!

Anonymous said...

I remember my little ones first bath. She screamed and cleched her fists the whole time. But now at 6 months we cant get her out of the darn thing she loves it. We took her to the beach for the first time and she was so excited the whole time sje loves the outside and the water.

Anonymous said...

I remember my little ones first bath. She screamed and cleched her fists the whole time. But now at 6 months we cant get her out of the darn thing she loves it. We took her to the beach for the first time and she was so excited the whole time sje loves the outside and the water.

Tony B.