Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Homeschooling & Housekeeping

Here is the truth.

You cannot do it all.

Period.

End of story.

So why do we try?

I wrote this post a few years back, but it still rings true at my house: I will have a housekeeper for the rest of my life. 

If I was not homeschooling, I might not get a housekeeper.
If I was not trying to run a farm, I might not get a housekeeper.
If I didn't have four kids, I might not get a housekeeper.
If I didn't run a non-profit organization, I might not get a housekeeper.
If I wasn't working on my writing "career', I might not get a housekeeper.

But the truth is, I am doing all of these things. And I cannot do it all.

I have heard every argument there is for why women don't get a housekeeper, but honestly, most of the reasons boil down to the fact that we feel like we SHOULD be able to do it all.

And we can't.

So today, when thinking about writing a post about how I manage everything, I want to keep it real:

I cannot do it all. 

I need help.

And you do too.

So don't be afraid to get it. In whatever way that looks for you and your family!

Keeping it real,



3 comments:

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

so much yes!

TAV said...

You inspired us. We have a housecleaner. I definitely cannot do it (or nearly close to it) all.

FenixSEO said...

Hi fellas,
Thank you so much for this wonderful article really!
If someone want to read more about that New York City's #1 Event Staffing and Housekeeping Service I think this is the right place for you!