Saturday, August 13, 2016

Puppy VLOG

I have decided that I will be taking a ton of videos of our doggies playing. And I'm just going to put them all into one place. Here, you'll be able to follow the growth and playfulness of our two little blessings: Ritter and Arabelle.

August 2016
A video of our Ritter

August 2016
This video shows our male dogs absolute obsession with belly rubs. It is all he wants all the time. I also can't help but say, while watching this, how much these pups are helping us heal from the loss of Scrubs. While neither of them will replace Scrubs, for my kids, these dogs will become their Scrubs. Isaac, who never says much about what he is feeling, said, "I think I am going to miss Ritter when we go to Vermont." That was huge for him. It is so fun to watch. While the dogs still primarily live outdoors, they come in every day to work on their house manners so that they understand how to live inside.



July, 2016
I have taught both dogs "come", "Sit", "Down", "leave it" and "roll over." Of course, they are puppies so they don't always adhere, but it is fun to watch them learning. I am particularly working on "leave it" ever day when out with the chickens. I put them on a long lead and let them come out with me. Any time they approach a chicken, I say "Leave it" and they turn to me and get a treat. Slowly but surely. This video features their "sit, stay, roll over." I especially love Ritter who absolutely LOVES to lay on his back and get his tummy rubbed. He cannot get the idea that I am not asking to rub his tummy!


May 28, 2016
Arabelle figures out how to get out of her doggie playyard.


  May 21, 2016
Ritter loves laying on his back and letting you scratch his stomach. He is currently the most loving and Arabelle the most spirited.


May 2, 2016
Crazy pups playing with crazy kids.

April 27, 2016
Both pups have learned "sit." Ritter is the better student.

April 25, 2016
Showing off their morning excitement.


Day 3: April 17, 2016
Our current routine is to play with the pups about every 2.5 hours. We put them in their play yard, let them rest, then bombard them with love for about 30 minutes. They will then spend the next 2 hours completely zonked from all the kid love. Today we also took Arabelle on her first trip to meet the chickens. (She didn't seem phased by them at all.)

Day 1: April 15, 2016
Kids meet Ritter ("Knight" in German) and Arabelle ("Beautiful Eagle" in German); guest appearance by our current volunteer Daniel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but where did you learn that meaning of "Arabelle"? I am German, and "beautiful eagle" doesn't translate to that name at all to my knowledge. (Love the names for both puppies though!)

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

I'm learning, that with English names too, meanings are sometimes 'created' by whoever wants to. We found the meaning of Arabelle on a few websites promising a correct translation :)

http://www.german-shepherd-lore.com/german-dog-names.html

But we realize this might not be accurate. I checked with a German friend who assured me spellings and whatnot were correct but couldn't vouch for meaning. What do you have that it means?

Either way, we love the name :) Thanks for the input!!