Sunday, June 15, 2014

More reunions!

Me with Wilson girls: Jessie and Grace

On Saturday evening, I had the incredible honor of attending a baby shower for a very special young lady in my life. When we lived in Kentucky from 1995-2003, we were very good friends with the Wilson Family. We were actually asked to be the legal guardians of their children, and we called ourselves their godparents. We spent a ton of time with these awesome children during the years we called Kentucky home in our early years of marriage.

Well those awesome kids are now quite grown up. Sam is about to graduate from college and the youngest daughter, Jessie, is entering her senior year! Middle daughter Grace has some other big news. She is having a little girl next month.

The shower was an incredible time as it truly was a reunion of sorts for me. I only went with Hannah as we felt it would be a bit much for the other kiddos. I got to see some old friends and meet some new people as well. Just so fantastic to hug these girls again (and their parents). Our church in Kentucky, of which Mike Wilson was the pastor at the time, was a family to us during our time there, and I will always love those people dearly.

Good luck Grace! I can't wait to meet your little Bo!



No comments: