- a thermostat!
- the ice cream truck! (Just so American!)
- food options!
- everyone speaking English to me!
- our community pool!
- 110 outlets!
Edited to add:
- Thunder and lightning (there was relatively no thunder and lightning on the island)
- Cheap options (like buying the boys bikes at Goodwill)
Edited again to add:
- Rabbits (little bunnies we get to see everywhere!)
- Fast shipping (ordered something from Amazon and it was here the NEXT day!
- Squirrels (never saw those in Turkey or the Azores and they just feel "familiar.")
- Being on the same time zone as people I know and love.
And the best thing I am enjoying is Hannah doing her first sign! About two weeks ago she started signing "milk" and it is definitely not a fluke now. I absolutely love signing with my kids. (Here is a link to a post I wrote about how this works in our family.)