Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Monday K.I.S.S.: Stay home!

Well, now that life is getting back to normal (sort of), I have decided to try to make sure I am doing my normal weekly columns.

Time to K.I.S.S. again!

Today my advice: STAY HOME!

Now obviously I love doing stuff outside of my house. Field trips and dinners and play dates are great, but here's the truth:

Staying home is SOOOO much easier!

You can't stay home all the time. I can't stay at home all the time. But I think we can try to stay home much more than we do. I am making it my mission this year. Not just to stay home but to keep life SIMPLE. 

Today is my first day flying solo. It's my first time since moving back to the States that I am the only grown-up for the entire day. We've decided not to jump right in and get a second vehicle. That means that whenever JB is working (or at a Conference like he is today), I don't have a vehicle. This means that I don't have any choice but to stay close to home and embrace what we have here. I can still walk to a park or go to the pool (if I am feeling very brave 1 on 4). We can ride bikes and go for walks and play in the backyard.

But we can avoid g-o-i-n-g.

Mannnnnnn is it easier to stay home than to go-go-go. 

Think about it. Try it. Enjoy it.

P.S. have a K.I.S.S idea? Please email them to me at wendi@wendikitsteiner.com!




1 comment:

Rinette said...

Love this and agree very much! You know, we too have only one car, but I don't even have a drivers license! So I stay home a LOT and I like it. I notice how much work going out is, when my husband is off and we decide to do something fun. I have one 2 year old and two 1 year olds, so lots of preparation when we leave.
During the week, the only 'outings' we do is taking a stroll in the neighborhood. When all kids walk by themselves, we don't walk more than about 300 meters :-). I also have a twin stroller with a buggy board and when I use it, we can go a bit farther. Overall, I love the quiet life we have.
Rinette