Thursday, June 05, 2014

Moving Miracle


Out of all of our children, Isaac is the only one who has his stuff. You know the stuff that a kid can barely live without? Nearly since he was born, he has had a Dalmatian he calls "Small doggy" and a Blue Bear that he calls, well, "Blue Bear."

During our first week in America, we stopped by a local Goodwill. I had screwed up on packing and only had four t-shirts for the boys with no washing machine. All those long-sleeved shirts they had worn in the Azores were in no way appropriate for the heat of summer here in the South. 

Wanting a cheap and quick option for additional t-shirts, we stopped in. 

On our way out the door, there was a bin of stuffed animals. As I was walking by, I spotted a baby version of his "Blue Bear." To say that I got visibly giddy would be an understatement. I was nearly jumping up and down. I grabbed the bear and held it up for Isaac. JB's jaw dropped. I was grinning from ear to ear.

The look on Isaac's face is one I cannot ever put into words. I asked JB how he would describe that moment and he said, "Honestly, it was probably the happiest I have ever seen Isaac." The last time I remember seeing him in that "realm" was when he first met Mickey Mouse at Disney World when he was two. Isaac is very reserved and not one to wear his emotions on his sleeve. He, literally, could not stop grinning. He was so happy it was oozing off of him.

The bear was fifty cents. I would have paid fifty bucks for it I think. I would have paid whatever they asked of me to give that little bear to my boy.

Needless to say, "Baby Blue Bear" is now included in Isaac's stuff. 

It will be a memory I have always. 

5 comments:

Briana said...

You write so well, Wendi. I feel like I was there to witness that very special moment!! So much happiness!!

TAV said...

How awesome!! I love Goodwill!!

John Paul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John Paul said...

Goodwill in TN has a sale first saturday of every for 50% off! He could have gotten the Bear a brother for the same price!!! Welcome to TN! God Bless

Anonymous said...

Your post about blue bears reminded me of a tiny blue bear we once got our daughter Criss. It was at a company picnic and she wasn't even a year old yet. That bear went everywhere with us for a very long time. I came across it not long ago in looking through closets. I am hoping it is an omen for Criss to be soon making memories with her own little ones and their "blue bears". Thank you for sharing Isaac's joy and the wonder of treasures at Goodwill.