Sunday, March 07, 2010

This is why they call it ...

... the Emerald Coast.






I had to include this picture because it looks like I am trying to cover Isaac's eyes. I also want to know how a woman can jog without a sports bra on? Am I missing something?





Isaac's pants are wet and he isn't sure he is too fond of the idea.





Saturday was a day we had hoped to have weeks ago. It was a day that JB did not get called into the hospital for anything. It was a day that we had nothing major on our agenda. And it was a day that the weather cooperated fully. We ran some errands and then went to the beach.

I sat there watching Isaac play with the birds and Elijah dig in the sand and turned to JB. "I feel so lucky," I said. "I don't deserve these two little boys."

At that exact moment Elijah picked up two hand fulls of sand and threw them into the wind completely covering both him and me.

John laughed. "Lucky you."

And I gave a very content, very happy sigh.

6 comments:

Kelli said...

Beautiful pics, Wendi! Looks like a fun day :)

I can't wait to be covered in sand, spit-up, applesauce, and whatever else comes with motherhood. You are so lucky and undoubtably blessed!!

Rachel and Hans said...

Looks like a GREAT day! Reminds me of when we came to visit you...

Judy Woodford said...

Beautiful pictues, coast, kids and parents!!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Kelli, praying the same for you. You truly will find you have a different outlook after infertility -- at least I do. It's what I wanted and I am so tempted just to let them throw sand b/c I waited so lnog for them to do it!

AW said...

I get it. I really get it.

How awesome is it that my word verification is "realluv"? LOL!

Joia said...

I'll echo Everyone's comments... Gorgeous pictures!! Some of my favorites on here EVER!