Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sweet sleep

All right. The biggest news of the day? Both my boys, together, at the same time, woke up at 7:55 this morning! 7:55!?!?! Oh man. Glorious. I barely knew what to do with myself this morning.

In other news ... their language. Loving listening to them talk. Both of them. In their own unique way.

Isaac has been very interested in telling me lately about his bodily functions. "I burp." or "I toot." (I don't even know where he learned the word toot as JB and I decided that it was fairly old fashioned and didn't plan to use it in our house.) "I poop." "I pee-pee." That sort of thing. After he burps or passes gas I will ask him what he should say, and he will say "'scuse me."

Yesterday at the end of my run, he told me that he had passed gas. "I toot Mommy," he said. I leaned over the stroller and said, "You tooted?" and he said, "Yes I did." He's been saying this to everything lately, and it is mighty cute. I asked him what he should say when he toots and he said: "'scuse me."

Isaac is obsessed with colors and has all of the basics down pat. He also loves shapes. His favorites are the crescent and oval. He really says anything and everything and is saying up to five word sentences. It is so fun, and we laugh so hard, at some of the stuff he comes up with.

While Isaac's language seems a little ahead of other 22 month olds, Elijah seems pretty right-on for his age bracket. He has about 10 words including: ball, shirt, go, Ma-Ma, Da-da, no, all done, milk, etc. He is constantly trying new sounds and starting to point to his body parts when asked. Belly, piggies, hair, head, and nose are his favorites.

Elijah is still signing. He has about ten signs but he gets so excited he will mess them up all the time. He'll just try out two or three in hopes he gets the right one. Really sweet!

He also loves food. He is famous for spitting out what he does have if you offer him something that looks better. People crack up watching him eat. He is a little man on a mission.

Lovin' my boys. My days are packed, but man are they fun.

Especially when they sleep until nearly 8am!

No comments: