Sunday, March 28, 2010

Awesome opportunity for my blog readers!

My dear friend from MOPs, Nancy, has a father who was recently diagnosed with ALS (aka Lou Gehrig's Disease). Nancy is going to be holding a bake sale in our home town of Andalusia, Alabama on May 1st. All money she raises will go directly to the ALS Foundation.

I'd like to help Nancy reach her goal of raising $200 for research to help Nancy's Dad and as many as 30,000 other Americans survive this life-threatening condition. In fact, I'd like to help Nancy blow this goal out of the water!

She spoke at MOPs the other day, and had 43 women sign up to bring something to the bake sale. I am going to be one of those gals. I wanted to ask anyone who lives in the local area that would be interested, to consider volunteering to make something as well. Please leave a comment on my blog to say that you are going to participate. All you have to do is bake the goods. I will then personally pick-up your baked goods and deliver them to Nancy. All you have to do is cook and let me know you are doing so. That's it. I'll take care of the rest. How easy is that?

Often times, volunteering for a good cause requires a lot of time, energy, and work that many of us don't have. But here is an opportunity to do something very minimal. You can involve your kids and teach them about helping others.

Again, please leave a comment so Nancy can follow who is volunteering via my blog as well. I will then contact you via email (leave that for me too if you don't think I have it.)

It is my personal goal to find at least ten local individuals who would like to participate. In addition, if you live out of the area but feel lead to participate, you could donate money to the ALS Foundation through me or you could donate money to me to make additional baked goods for Nancy.

Thanks everyone!

1 comment:

Joy Z said...

Glad I decided to "catch up" on your blog. We have been camping and so I hadn't read this. I would love to make something! Count me in for sure.